Possible bootloader unlock

1. donjuro

donjuro Well-Known Member

He said he'd respond in an hour, unfortunately it's been well over that. Hopefully he knows how to unbrick, or can even unbrick.
  2. mjhealy1978

mjhealy1978 Well-Known Member

Yah well I wanna try again now I know to type it all as 1 line! I'm just hesitant now cuz he hasn't gotten back!
  3. Sax

Sax Guest

Yeah, I could see a lapse in posting due to excitement and wanting get CWM installed/working, but it's been too long for that :(

Maybe bg4m3r could refine the recovery steps he went through a little so it is within a single post to help pwner5889 to hopefully recover if indeed he is jacked.
  4. pwner5889

pwner5889 Active Member

Good news and bad news. I had restarted my device and it will not boot. However, when I plug it into my PC, it had shown up as a removable disk. I had pulled some files off of that and I think it has to do with the bootloader. I Will upload them in a second after I download the LG Flash Tool. There were also two folders in the drive called verinfo and image that has a bunch of files related to the bootloader. I will upload them ASAP.
    mjhealy1978 and ZAXIS like this.
  5. mjhealy1978

So it didn't work so I should delete the files!
  6. donjuro

When you say it did not boot, what exactly happened? What screen did it show? Did it have any text?
  7. pwner5889

pwner5889 Active Member

It's not showing any screen at all other than when I go and plug the cable in without the battery.
  8. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Well-Known Member

[quote="Sax
  9. pwner5889

pwner5889 Active Member

I'm kind of without a phone atm.... :-/ I'm using a friends wifi hotspot and he doesn't have a whole lot of bandwidth....
  10. Sax

Sax Guest

Bummer about the bandwidth, wish we could look at those files.

Library, taco hell have free WiFi if you have either nearby, anyway to use that to upload?
  11. pwner5889

pwner5889 Active Member

[quote="Sax
  12. Bad_MOFO_33

Bad_MOFO_33 Well-Known Member

Same situation here. Installing Ubuntu VM img now to try and unbrick, will post results later or tommorrow. These are the files loaded when usb is plugged in
    https://www.mediafire.com/?33qtzbzld8a7g8d
  13. pwner5889

pwner5889 Active Member

I was JUST about to upload them now.... :-/ If you find a way how to unbrick that would be awesome! Also, if windows doesn't recognize the phone, then there would be no way for the VM to see it either.
  14. Bad_MOFO_33

15. pwner5889

pwner5889 Active Member

16. Bad_MOFO_33

yeah the tutorial is for the G2, i have volt nandroid img files from my backup if anyone needs em
  17. pwner5889

pwner5889 Active Member

18. Bad_MOFO_33

as of now, NO. but not giving up still a few things to try
  19. donjuro

I can't download it, every time I tap download it just reloads the page.
  20. asmugone

asmugone Member

works like a beast!

The secret is to use flashify with busybox x installed. That new boot image slid right in like a champ!

Been playing around with build.prop and intentionally deleting things from system stock apps just trying to make it brick.

It is giving me exactly zero hate!

Dont know where that file came from but bravo sir!

Now starting to work on sim unlock. I dont code recoveries.
  21. Gendo420

Gendo420 Well-Known Member

You unlocked or replaced the bootloader or you unbricked your phone?
    mjhealy1978 likes this.
  22. donjuro

But this is aboot.bin not boot.bin
    Can you access fastboot?
    And why would you sim unlock if this phone is cdma? There is no sim.
    mjhealy1978 likes this.
  23. marcukial

marcukial Member

Has anyone else tried flashify?is busybox x a must or will busybox pro work as well?did asmugone use the aboot.bin in the original post?did the file unlock the bootloader?thanks to everyone involved.
    mjhealy1978 likes this.
  24. mjhealy1978

I was wondering the same things! I've used flashify on a lg opimus f3 from virgin & it worked perfect flashing a recovery so I'd imagine our Volts would take to it fine but a lil more info is needed so please & thank u 2 all.
  25. Dslack420

Dslack420 Well-Known Member

They do have sim cards for the 4g data i do believe all 4g cdma phones have one