• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Possible Brick

calebd22

Apr 29, 2012
Okay hopefully someone can helpe me I was in the middle of rooting my phone and the USB accidentally came uhooked.. When the phone is plugged in though it shows a black screen with HTC and four triangles one in each corner. When the phone is unplugged it shows a white screen with
this
ACE PVT SHIP S-on RL
HBOOT-0.85.0024
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot
Apr 12 2011

RUU
(also this is highlighted in orange but it wont let me click)
please help if you can i have been up looking at this for over 6 hours now and i cant figure anything out im going to keep looking just please comment if you have an idea thanks

Okay hopefully someone can helpe me I was in the middle of rooting my phone and the USB accidentally came uhooked.. When the phone is plugged in though it shows a black screen with HTC and four triangles one in each corner. When the phone is unplugged it shows a white screen with
this
ACE PVT SHIP S-on RL
HBOOT-0.85.0024
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot
Apr 12 2011

RUU
(also this is highlighted in orange but it wont let me click)
please help if you can i have been up looking at this for over 6 hours now and i cant figure anything out im going to keep looking just please comment if you have an idea thanks

I responded to your other thread in the evo 4g forum but I'll try to help you from here. :)

First off welcome to the forums!! :)

On your bootloader where RUU is highlighted try pressing the power button and see what that does.

If it doesn't get your phone booted, we'll need to get the official RUU in a bootloader format and flash it from Hboot. I'll try and see if we can locate an RUU in the meantime. :)

Post back if what I sugested above works and we'll go from there.

Hang tight, I think we can fix this up no problem. :)

Upvote 0
Okay i replied to the other one too and thanks you. When trying to run the RUU from the screen it doesnt work. But i did download HTC Sync but that isnt recognizing the phone and i have downloaded the Gingerbread RUU so hopefully something helps. Also i wanted to say thank you for taking your time to try and help me out.

Upvote 0
Excellent!!! :D

I was hoping the RUU would work from the computer, I guess it did. :)

Sometimes they are a little finicky, and won't work from the pc. That's why I suggested the bootloader version. No need now!

Please don't let this little hicup prevent you from rooting. As you can see its pretty hard to brick a phone rooting it. We were able to recover from your issue pretty easily. ;)

Read all you can, and ask questions, that's why we're here. :)

Upvote 0
Excellent!!! :D

I was hoping the RUU would work from the computer, I guess it did. :)

Sometimes they are a little finicky, and won't work from the pc. That's why I suggested the bootloader version. No need now!

Please don't let this little hicup prevent you from rooting. As you can see its pretty hard to brick a phone rooting it. We were able to recover from your issue pretty easily. ;)

Read all you can, and ask questions, that's why we're here. :)

Haha no way I rooted my phone again like 5 minutes afterr but im still pretty new and not sure what all cool things you can do with a rooted phone. I didn't even know how to mess with it on the computer before doing a bunch of research last night. Also do you have any siggestions on ROMs that I might try cause I did like cm7 but i love mms messageing so that killed that. But if you would be kind enough and throw some out that you like. From what I have seen so far i think I'm going to try MIUI next :)

Upvote 0
Hi, new to the forums and everything but I am having this exact problem. it stays stuck on htc screen with 4 triangles in the corners when it's plugged in. when I unplug it it goes to that exact screen with RUU highlighted. I have tried several RUU exe's but everytime I run it it gets to updating signature and then gives me an error. any ideas of what I can do?

edit: Fixed the issue and unbricked the phone. if anyone else runs into this issue i was able to fix it by downloading RUU_Ace_Gingerbread_S_Cingular_US_2.47.502.7_Radio_12.56.60.25_26.10.04.03_M_release_200368_signed.exe

Other releases were not compatible and kept coming up with errors, but that one worked.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones