Possible DX to D2

Last Updated:

1. anthonygobot

anthonygobot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So how has your guys experience been with the Droid 2 running FROYO? My Droid X took a major dump (never rooted). My phone is under warranty so I am going to suggest they let me get a Droid 2.

Advertisement
  2. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

I really like my D2. I have thought about getting the DX because of the larger screen. The D2 comes stock with Froyo 2.2. Not OTA to worry about :)

3. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

If you like keyboards get the D2. If you like big screens and a better camera stick with the DX. The guts of both phones are practically the same. So is a lot of the software.

4. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

yea pretty much.

I didnt have the choice but if i did, i would have still chosen the Droid II because i Wove physical keyboards.

between the X and D2, its the personal preference of liking big screens and being able to live with out the physical keyboard or you must have a physical keyboard and dont mind 3.7" screens.
    then theres the megapixel difference..

so the choice is yours buck-o'

5. anthonygobot

anthonygobot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a replacement DX on the way so lets see how this works out. I had a blackberry on ATT and kinda miss the keyboard honestly.

6. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

Good luck! I hope it works out best for you! I too came from BB, having the physical keyboard made it an easier transition. Now if they could have the DX screen and a slide out keyboard, that would be an awesome phone :p

7. Daisy 53

Daisy 53 Active Member

Im just the opposite, I never, ever use my keyboard! I got my Droid 2 as a replacement to my Eris as well, wish they would have given me the choice for the DX.
    Hope that your replacement works for you!

Daisy

8. jon hazle

jon hazle Active Member

Love my D2 I can't type on softkeyboards.... my fingers are just dumb like that.. also Gensoid is really great with a keyboard I get to relive the 90's gaming XD

9. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

yea thats one of the big plus's of a physical keyboard

emulator games!
    super mario world
    donkey kong country
    shall i go on?

10. wustehase

wustehase Member

I went from the DX to the D2, after a couple weeks of the DX. My screen had some issues with accuracy, so I had to push buttons to the left or it'd hit a different button. But other than that, I missed my D1 keyboard, and the screen didn't seem as sharp on detail, and it didn't fit in my pocket or dash cubby as well as the D1/2.

11. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea, thats one of things I miss about a physical keyboard. The funny thing is I never used emulators until I got the X...lol

Playing defense on Tecmo Bowl with touch screen only controls is an exercise in frustration....