• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible fix for D2 Exchange PIN lock requirement

Redflea

Android Expert
Oct 6, 2009
There is an issue w/the PIN lock requirement for Exchange accounts on the D2 (and DX as of 2.2 update)...if you have an Exchange email account added, even if the PIN lock requirement is not enforced by your company/server settings, the D2 will still require setting up and using a PIN to unlock the phone.

Someone posted a potential fix (works on their DX) on Droid Forums:

I did find a fix for the pincode issue for Froyo on the X. The minute I updated to froyo, this pincode issue showed up on the X.

If you login into your webmail (OWA access), and go to options, and the delete your phone's from your profile. Then remove the account from your phone, reboot the phone, and readd the exchange account, this removes the pincode on Froyo on the X. I found this fix on the froyo bugs thread on this forum.

Worked perfectly for me

I can't test this, as my company does enforce the PIN requirement...thought others might want to give this a try.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones