• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Possible Full OTA 2.2 SBF

I have some questions as well

-Does this require the same replacement of the pst_flash.ini file as we had to do for the SBF 2.1 ?

- What exactly is Moto Bomb, I DL it because it was in that list of links from this thread

-can I just Flash THIS (2.2 SBF) while im currently running the leaked 2.2 if i restore all factory apps?

thanks

I think you just use the NEW rsdlite4.8 not the one that needs the patch

Upvote 0
i was told by a reliable source that does testing for motorola, only use the sbf if you are bricked. it contains some errors that an update coming out will fix.

Meaning it's the same as the current OTA release, and not the rumored update that is coming? Or are you saying it is prior version of the OTA release?
FWIW, someone posted over on the xda thread before it disappeared that they opened it up with a hex viewer, and it was dated 9/1.

Upvote 0
Meaning it's the same as the current OTA release, and not the rumored update that is coming? Or are you saying it is prior version of the OTA release?
FWIW, someone posted over on the xda thread before it disappeared that they opened it up with a hex viewer, and it was dated 9/1.

its the original OTA. i was advised not to use it unless i brick my phone. however i am not running the OTA so i can use the 2.1 sbf.

ONLY USE THIS IF YOU ARE RUNNING THE OTA 2.2 AND ARE BRICKED.

this is a nice leak and i am glad to have it. however use it wisely.

Upvote 0
its the original OTA. i was advised not to use it unless i brick my phone. however i am not running the OTA so i can use the 2.1 sbf.

ONLY USE THIS IF YOU ARE RUNNING THE OTA 2.2 AND ARE BRICKED.

this is a nice leak and i am glad to have it. however use it wisely.

Even if you do end up using it, you are just back to where you were when you accepted the OTA, right? What most of us are running. And when they push out the update, you'll get it, right? Not being combative, I really don't know.

Upvote 0
Even if you do end up using it, you are just back to where you were when you accepted the OTA, right? What most of us are running. And when they push out the update, you'll get it, right? Not being combative, I really don't know.

yes but some people are unrooting and pushing the update just because this is available. which is not necessarily a good choice. you will get the update but if you are rooted it may be blocked.

Upvote 0
yes but some people are unrooting and pushing the update just because this is available. which is not necessarily a good choice. you will get the update but if you are rooted it may be blocked.

Right, but for those of us, me included, who are not rooted and never have been, and are currently running the OTA Froyo...This file is gold when we jump into customizing, cause if we brick, it just puts the phone right back to a "clean" 2.2 (1st Froyo OTA hickups and all)

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Upvote 0
Right, but for those of us, me included, who are not rooted and never have been, and are currently running the OTA Froyo...This file is gold when we jump into customizing, cause if we brick, it just puts the phone right back to a "clean" 2.2 (1st Froyo OTA hickups and all)

Is this correct or am I missing something?

you are correct. however since this is in the all things root section. i wanted to be clear on what the effects could be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones