Possible GPS bug fix on the way from LG?!!?!

Last Updated: 2013-12-24 21:41:34
  1. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

Was bored and decided to nag LG about the GPS issue that the optimus f7 has & it it might just do some good. heres the convo below.

I guess technically we should be nagging boost, Think about it. If a couple hundred Optimus f7 users called in on the issue Boost will eventually realize the issue and personally report the problem to LG for an update. The carrier does authorize any update to their phone so i guess that would be the best way to go about it. Nagging boost lol. Believe me they'll fix it, it'll just take 3-6 months. I've been down this road with Samsung before with the Boost mobile Transform ultra. There was an issue with the screen that EVERYONE had, even did a video of it and posted it on youtube here. I personally didnt call boost to report the issue but i called samsung and coincidentally he had a Transform ultra near by and of course he tested the issue and said yeah there really is something wrong, he said he would report the problem to the engineer section. Now of course many other users called in the issue but About 4-5 months later we received can OTA that fixed the issue and also upgraded us from 2.3.4 to 2.3.6.

Advertisement
  2. chevanlol360

3. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Active Member

I really don't get how something like the gps can be so messed up and they release it. I used to have a galaxy s2 (the power button broke in 2 months) that had the gps issue which everyone else also had but only with the boost s2. The funny thing is I had the warp which was supposed to be really bad quality and the gps worked perfectly with an instant lock to 2 or 3 meters, but it would heat up and the entire battery would drain trying to load one web page especially when the signal was bad.

It seems like it is impossible to find a phone with everything working. At least one thing is always broken especially when you are on the limited selection of boost phones. What I don't get is that if more and more hardware is being integrated into the SOC, why would like the baseband in the warp (QUALCOMM msm8650) be so bad but then another phone with the same msm8650 be fine?? Its like either the manufacture or the carrier is purposely screwing it up??
  4. cmitchell17

I downloaded the app it dosent look like it is helping any but ill try it tomorrow when I try to use the gps to navigate.
  5. chevanlol360

The reason that is, is because It's all software related, understand that humans create the software we have and humans makes mistakes and some times doesn't even realize. While they do care about us, LG that is. We're just a quick Buck to them. Even sometimes they screw up their flagship service with a software bug that they missed. Now no matter what the problem is our what phone it is. As long as it can be fixed via ota update they will update it. The difference between us and those to of the line smartphone is that their most important and valuable one will get the bug fixes the fastest.
  6. cmitchell17

Should I try to email them too? Would that help? Do you think it is a problem with sprint/boost or lg?
  7. chevanlol360

Take it up with boost, better to call them it more easier and will probably make you less mad cause in emails they just go on about trying a factory data rest event though you already told them that it wont work lol.
  8. emanuelrv

emanuelrv Well-Known Member Contributor

My gps start to work by itself they fix
  9. Sir_Cusfreak

Sir_Cusfreak Member

I got mine a couple days ago and GPS is working fine, picked me up within seconds. Maybe fixed on new purchases, or I got lucky.
  10. chevanlol360

Doubt it. Its probably your imagination. Mine locked on fine too but it has problem staying locked on. I had to use gps to get to my location a couple days ago. It locked on fine and when i was driving it was doing fine but i noticed that when i came to stop lights it had problems staying.locked after that. When i started to move again it was take at least 20-30 seconds for the gps to realize that i started moving again and after that it just couldnt keep up with me. Theres no doubt about it when i say theirs a gps problem with this device and the LG G2 users seem to be complaining about the same symptoms that they are having with their gps. Use gps frequently and i promise you that you'll see that theres something fishy about it.