possible ICS phone brick issue for galaxy noteGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ykkfive

ykkfive Member This Topic's Starter

couldnt find any info here so i am writing this to raise your awareness

both official ICS rom XXLPY and ZSLPF released, as well as leaked ICS beta roms for galaxy note including N7000, I717, and I9220, contain a bug that may brick your phone. lots of ppl suffered already so pls be alerted

the bricks and damages are not happening each time you do a wipe or disk format on your phone. no one knows when it will happen

so at the moment, i suggest u to stick with gb and not upgrade to ics until the problem is solved

however, if you r brave enough or think this msg is totally rubbish, it's up to u but no flaming pls and i wont argue with u and respect your decision

read the links below for more details:

Galaxy Note ICS XXLPY phone bricks - issues - http://ykkfive.blogspot.com/2012/05/xxlpy-phone-brick-issues-and-advice.html

Galaxy Note ICS XXLPY phone bricks - advice - http://ykkfive.blogspot.com/2012/05/xxlpy-phone-brick-issues-and-advice_16.html

Galaxy Note official ICS ZSLPF and XXLPY confirmed unsafe - http://ykkfive.blogspot.com/2012/05/galaxy-note-official-ics-zslpf-and.html

good luck

Advertisement
  2. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

3. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Well-Known Member

This is my understatement of the day quote ;)

I have a Note that I bought second hand over the internet from somebody who received it as a gift and did not have the receipt. As a result, if I brick this sucker then I will be looking at an expensive replacement.

I personally am wondering what Samsung are doing about all of their shiny hardware being permanently disabled by their software. Yes, I know, probably a great deal of denial.

I am glad that GB is still working fine on my Note. Perhaps I will wait for the jelly bean update... hahahahaha!

Regards,
    Eric Ritchie.

4. ykkfive

hi

a good news for you and all other note users. samsung just released the sources today. so the bug will be fixed by developers soon (hopefully)

5. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Well-Known Member

Hopefully indeed. I am just a little concerned by this (perhaps my suspicious mind), but does this not sound a little like "hey guys, we cannot find this bug, so here's the code. Anyone want to take a look and fix it for us?"

Regards,
    Eric Ritchie.

6. mandr01d

mandr01d Member

i would warn any one using ics not to wipe in cwm or do factory resets
    i am on my second note now the other is still getting unbricked by sammy at my expense, the emmc chip locks up after wiping with real bad results , motherboard change, dont trust people who say i'm on lpf/lpy etc and ive wiped several times cos thats bs ,it could lock up on the first wipe or 1001st wipe nobody knows

7. ykkfive

agreed

i bricked mine before also with leaked ics after flashed for n times

8. colnie

colnie Member

ICS killed my NOTE.... luckily the company i bought it outright from is replacing the phone for me

9. ykkfive

how? from what to what?