• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible Issue Syncing The Galaxy Note 3 With the Original Galaxy Note 10.1

Preach2k

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
North Carolina
A person on another forum that got the Gnote 3 in Europe has been complaining about having problems syncing the Gnote 3 to the Original Galaxy Note 10.1. This is what was said:

al_sen Today I bought the Note 3 to replace my aging galaxy S2(Best phone ever) and I am very disappointed at the software incompatibility between the 2 Notes, Especially Snote.
My 10.1 Snotes notes simply CAN NOT be displayed properly on the Note 3.
What I drew on the 10.1 Snotes can be displayed on the note 3 after syncing using Samsung account BUT the background pdf is all gone. Only my drawings and a white background remain.
J HighNote: I turned to Samsung support for advice. I have 4 pages of transcript if anyone wants the full horror story, but the synopsis is, Samsung has screwed us Note 10.1 users. The new Note 3 indeed uses a different format for S-notes. Tablet help person understood how wrong that is, it makes the S-notes on the Note 3 useless for sharing information to another device if any further editing is desired. (you can share as jpg etc.) When I asked him about Note 2 compatibility, he transferred me to the phone chat and that was somewhere in the Twilight Zone. He said S-notes were internal documents not meant to be shared between devices. I fibbed and told him I'd been doing it with my Note 1 and 10.1 when I really just found out I could email them, download them on each other and they could be opened and edited. I figured I'd wait for the Note 3 to figure out how to do it more eloquently than that. Anyway, after a long hold, he came back and S-notes from the 3 can be read by Note 2's but not the 10.1's. It wasn't clear whether that was read only, or if they would be editable.

Then he said it would take a samsung account to sync them and then they could be shared. I told him I did have that set up and asked him if that meant the Note 3's S-notes would then be compatible, he said I would have to wait until the Note 3 was released in the U.S. to find out. I told him the Note 3 was being used in 140 countries already, I gave him the model number on the manual that was provided. He said I would have to wait for the U.S. Version to be released because models are different.
My question to all that got the GNote 3 and the Oringinal Gnote 10.1 are you having problems syncing?

I will find out when I get my Gnote 3 in the next couple of weeks.

A person on another forum that got the Gnote 3 in Europe has been complaining about having problems syncing the Gnote 3 to the Original Galaxy Note 10.1. This is what was said:

My question to all that got the GNote 3 and the Oringinal Gnote 10.1 are you having problems syncing?

I will find out when I get my Gnote 3 in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for posting this info. Now I'm really scared about the compatibility with my Note 8.0!!

That's one of the things I loved doing, since I'd create a S-Note on one device, and it would sync to the other without issues. So, if that worked without issues, I'm thinking there'll be an issue with my Note 8 and the Note 3 as well.

I'll post up info, after I get my phone next weekend.

Upvote 0
Thanks for posting this info. Now I'm really scared about the compatibility with my Note 8.0!!

That's one of the things I loved doing, since I'd create a S-Note on one device, and it would sync to the other without issues. So, if that worked without issues, I'm thinking there'll be an issue with my Note 8 and the Note 3 as well.

I'll post up info, after I get my phone next weekend.

I don't think it will have problems with your Galaxy 8.0. It is fairly new. I think that it will work fine for you.

Upvote 0
I don't think it will have problems with your Galaxy 8.0. It is fairly new. I think that it will work fine for you.

I'm not that worried, but it is based on the same s-note software as the note 10.1 and note 8.

I'm sure the android 4.3 update will add changes for compatibility, but this is really crucial for my daily work.

Upvote 0
I got my N3 the other day and i'm unable to sync SNote between the two. I'm using a Note 10.1 2013 - I'm a bit miffed about this. I'm also not impressed with to me feels like a dumbed down version of S-Note for the N3 - I like the pretty covers, but i don't seem to be able to add new notebooks or separate notes. I'm going to have to play with it some more.

I would be a lot happier if i could sync them. I tried to sync to evernote but it's unable to open the notes from my 10.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones