Possible Jelly Bean Update (Grain of Salt)General

1. 13jpgbass

13jpgbass Member

So I was on the phone with Virgin Mobile earlier today, and as I was arguing with them the tech support woman said that Jelly Bean would begin rolling out around May 22. Now I'm not saying this is one-hundred percent for sure, but I just found it interesting that she mentioned such a thing. Has anyone else heard of this?

Advertisement
    sirrx7 likes this.
  2. zjones

zjones Well-Known Member

I haven't really heard about this, please keep me posted.
  3. 13jpgbass

13jpgbass Member

Me neither until I called the support team. Personally I would be surprised if this turned out to be legitimate, but I will definitely keep everyone posted.
  4. cybgo

cybgo New Member

Just got the update guys. Simply awesome. The version is 4.1.2 . One question though can I root again ?
  5. sirrx7

sirrx7 Well-Known Member

confirming what cybgo said. Son got 4.1.2 this morning. Sadly he lost 3g and keeps getting error 128. We've tried reactivating and still nothing. I really don't want to call "support"...
    13jpgbass likes this.
  6. cybgo

cybgo New Member

Got the same 3g issue !!! Glad to hear im not alone in this
    13jpgbass likes this.
  7. sirrx7

sirrx7 Well-Known Member

A couple reboots later and 3G is back and everything seems to be working. He did have to update Mobile ID.
    I'm surprised with VM. They even included face unlock.
  8. Rob22445566

Rob22445566 Active Member

Question: After Jelly bean update, does FoxFi still work???

I've been using the paid vers. of Foxfi (WiFi Hotspot) since getting my SGR and am very anxious to know if it still works after installing Jelly Bean.

Thanks,
    Rob
  9. 0001

0001 Member

installing the update right now, pretty excited,

edit:installed it, also getting same error as every one and having 3g problems
  10. james391

james391 Well-Known Member

I have tried all posted methods on getting it to update with no success. Any ideas?
  11. 0001

0001 Member

what i did to get it application manager>all>google service frameworks>clear data>force stop, then i restarted
    NerdusMaximus likes this.
  12. james391

I got it to work i just keeped pressing clear data, force stop, clear data, force stop, so on and so forth.
  13. Darkest Era

Darkest Era Member

Same here. /: I still haven't been able to get the update after clearing data and force stopping.
  14. 0001

0001 Member

i also got a message from virgin mobile telling me that it will go out in batches and every one will get it by 5/22
  15. cpr518

cpr518 Active Member

I'm calling bullshit. I tried every method 3 times and even called VM and they said there wasn't an update for the Reverb at this moment.
  16. james391

Here you go 1368755891571.jpg
    NerdusMaximus likes this.
  17. NerdusMaximus

NerdusMaximus New Member

Nope, it's legit. Got it running on my device now.
    bkttk2 likes this.
  18. 0001

0001 Member

here is the message i got from there facebook page:

"Virgin Mobile USA
    Starting today customers will be sent the software update for this phone. The update is sent out in batches so you might not get it today. They will be sent every day from today to 5/22/2013. -Alejandra"
  19. zjones

zjones Well-Known Member

20. AndroiPro

AndroiPro Member

21. zjones

zjones Well-Known Member

Have you found a solution, I was on the phone with Samsung, Virgin Mobile, and Best Buy for over 5 hours total today. Samsung suggested I use Kies and the Reverb is supported on Kies, but when I connect to Kies I get the error saying that my device is not compatible.
  22. AndroiPro

AndroiPro Member

I have tried, but I can't find a solution, and I get the same message on Kies. What's your Baseband version on your phone?
  23. zjones

zjones Well-Known Member

24. zjones

zjones Well-Known Member

Then, I also get a 30.5mb update (its the MB3 baseband, even though i'm supposedly on it), I try to flash the update and it fails (Status 7).
  25. AndroiPro

AndroiPro Member

Yeah I get the same thing, although for some reason it says I ave the Baseband of the Jelly Bean OS, even though I'm on ICS lol. I get the same exact thing, and I've talked to Samsung support with no help at all.