Possible new Moment owner with some questions...Support

Last Updated:

1. odman13

odman13 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I am one of the lurkers who is considering getting a Moment over the Evo and Epic because of costs. However, I'm worried I'm going to hate the smaller screen. It is still a good screen, but 3.2 inches or whatever it is is pretty small for a smartphone. I have the HTC Touch Pro2 right now, and it's ok, thank god for HTC and TouchFlow.

Anyway it's time to get Android in October.

I wouldn't even consider the Intercept because it's Rev.0. So, is the screen too small? How often do the data lock ups happen? I've been to 2 or 3 different sprint stores and neither moment worked when I went to play with it, after a reboot, data worked. So I'm assuming that was the issue on those phones...

Is an Android 2.2 custom rom going be done for this phone?

I see the wifi tether is a go so that is good.

Has anyone purchased and extra battery and charger? As in a charger that you just snap the battery into while you use the other one in the phone? Is there one that you recommend? Is the battery life really that bad?

Advertisement
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

The screen size doesn't bother me, its a phone not a home theater. I'm more concerned with performance and the AMOLED screen is top notch. The data lockups seem to be most prevalent when switching wifi off after (after it has been on obviously). Keep in mind not every phone is affected by this problem but it is definitely a concern, if you plan on switching between wifi and 3g on a regular basis the moment might not be the best choice. As far as 2.2 not yet but once the Intercept 2.2 source is released it shouldn't be long. Battery life depends on you usage tendencies. If you use gps and location a lot its going to suck, if you root the phone and run one of the many optimized custom roms battery life is average.

Note: On the issue of battery life my boss has an htc touch pro 2 and he was showing me his battery and its HUGE. Same type of battery as the moment but atleast 2.5 times bigger. So it seems our moments aren't very well 'endowed' lend to the lesser battery life of other smart phones. Still, i get about 24 hours out of my battery and im not complaining.

3. odman13

Thanks for the reply, yeah I know it's not a home theater, but when you compare it to the size and quality of the epic or just the size of the evo... sigh... wish I felt ok with giving Sprint more money.

4. speciala106

speciala106 Active Member

Im actually trying to trade my moment for a touch pro 2. You want to trade phones so we dont have to extend our contracts and wait till the better phones like evo or epic become cheaper?

5. dntesinfrno

Not being eligible for upgrade until around march or april and being overall quite content with my moment im opting to wait out the evo/epic fad in anticipation of the next wave of phones and android 3.0.

6. speciala106

Ive always been picky with phones and i always want to try new things. Im not eligible for a full upgrade until march of 2012! And WinMo has always intrigued me, so im trying to find someone who will do an even swap for a touch pro 2.

7. dntesinfrno

My boss has a touch pro 2 and WinMo is just like its computer counterparts. They release an update to fix problem A and in the process create problem B & C. Before i got my Moment i was actually looking to get WinMo and after learning Android and listening to him complain about WinMo in the meantime i'm happy with my decision.

8. odman13

I might be interested in trading phones... I won't be able to until October. How old is your phone? What kind of shape is it in?

9. speciala106

Its in great condition with some minor wear and tear. I had it replaced with a new out of the box phone in may. Has had a screen protector since it came out of the package. Im still trying to find someone local to do a trade but when your up for trading send me a PM and we'll go from there.