Possible New Version

Last Updated: 2010-06-29 05:01:45
  1. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

With all the delays on production and all of the known issues out in the open combined with a new wave of people on wait lists due to bricked phones who thinks HTC/Sprint are building a new version EVO that will be better than all the rest?

I believe I got the best of the current batch being a Ver3 with a Nova screen and good battery life and no screen separation but I'd sure be tempted to move up one notch if HTC used all of the information compiled and knowing the specs of the other new phones coming out to use what they have to easily beat them all down which would be easy with a few minor tweaks (Camera/FPS/Screen separation = game over to everything).

Obviously easier said than done, but they'd have to consider that only people in the know would actually be trying to get the updated phone. The longer it takes to get the new phones out, the more I think they are still making improvements.

Advertisement
  2. TheManRSW

TheManRSW Well-Known Member

I went in to my local Sprint store today. I can't say for sure whether this is bull, but it sounded good (yes, that's what they get paid to do)...he said they have started to get more multiple batches in again...supposedly for the last week or so it's been 4-5 phones at a time, but now they are back to sending two dozen or more. He said the complaints with the newer issued phones have dropped drastically. I had a few issues that have came up in the past two weeks and he said the new phones seem to be "better". Take it for what it's worth, but I'll give it a shot. I'm back on the preorder list for a new one.
  3. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I really hope you are both right. I could use some encouraging news/beliefs about htc/sprint.
  4. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I will 100% be trading in my Version 2 EVO this week. After todays update my phone is just plain slow. Everything is just slower, apps, web speed, even dialing. This Suxx, cause I love my screen color, but nothing else this second...lol! Hopefully there in stock by the middle, end of this week.
  5. damewolf13

Don't you just hate giving up your novatek screen?
    That's one of the things that bothers me most about it bricking.
  6. mityman50

mityman50 Well-Known Member

I'm going to stick it out with my launch day phone in the hopes that a much better version is released in the future. I imagine it looking like this (bear in mind I have and always have had the Total Equipment Protection...

"Hi, my Evo has bad battery life. It randomly reboots. I need one that isn't faulty."

"OK, here's a replacement."

"Oh, well would you look at that, it's a new one..."
  7. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

Is the novatek a better screen?
  8. damewolf13

It is a matter of preference really. Not better, just different from the newer screen.
    Colors have just a little bit different cast from the others.
  9. dmystic1

dmystic1 Well-Known Member

I have an EVO order thru sprint.com that was in backorder status. Received an email at 8:42pm (Pacific) that it has now shipped. Sould get it in the next couple of days and we will see whats up.
  10. droidSPARX

droidSPARX Well-Known Member

OMG OMG.
    <starts hitting F5 on site>
    jeffeynboo likes this.
  11. dmystic1

dmystic1 Well-Known Member

Yeah "office of Dan" got someone to place an order for me on the 25th. Might not have made the ups pick up tonight, so I might not get it till Wednesday.

Update: Looks like it made it, scheduled delivery 6/29, but they don't usually deliver to my area till around 3PM (Pacific)