Possible newbie with questionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. luvzmutt

luvzmutt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I apologize before hand if some of these questions have already been discussed...(and sorry if I give TMI!)

I currently have an iphone 3Gs on AT&T. I am planning on switching to Verizon ASAP because my office has moved and I get no service now, and my daughter will be starting college in the fall at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, and we have heard that AT&T does not have the best service there. (We are almost out of contract so that is not an issue)

I really need a smartphone, and I am considering an android phone. I played with them a bit in a Verizon store earlier in the week, and I am, for lack of a better word, intrigued. I won't get a phone with windows OS or a blackberry. After I left the store I went online and found this website. I know that there are rumors the the iPhone will possibly be coming to Verizon at some in the future (I truly love the OS, and the fact that I don't have to carry around an ipod or itouch as well), and that the Incredible will possibly be available at the end of this month. Is there anyone who has switched from an iphone to an android phone who could possibly answer the following questions for me, or if anyone else knows the answers, chime in too!

Is there a way that music or movies bought on itunes can be played on an android phone? I have season passes for a few of the TV shows I watch and I watch them "on the go".

Does is use Microsoft Outlook for contacts and calendar?

Is there a light indicator on the android phones that flash when there are missed calls, messages, or e-mails? I know if might be phone specific, but do other HTC phones have a light? (That is one thing I hate about the iphone)

Are you able to view YouTube videos (I think I read that you can not)

These are some of the questions, I know I have more, but can't think of them all right now, I am at work and am multi-tasking (unlike my iphone!) If you have any other feedback to offer, it would be appreciated.

~Leslie

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

You can definitely play all of your iTunes supported media on an Android device. I believe at one point, Itunes store had DRM on all their stuff, in which case, you'd have to strip that off, then you'd be good to go.

It can sync with MS Outlook, also webmail (that's how I do my work account), but, Android phones really play best with Gmail accounts.

I don't think I've ever seen even a "dumbphone" that CAN'T do that. Android phones (as well as most smart phones) can be completely customized to do whatever you want in terms of LED notifications (ex. change duration of blinking, colors, only notify you in certain geographical regions based on GPS...it's endless dude!)

You can view YouTube vids on almost any smartphone.

Hope this helps you. It's time to get an Android phone!

3. luvzmutt

luvzmutt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How would you strip off the DRM?