Possible Screen Burning?General

Last Updated:

1. xakepbamfsol

xakepbamfsol New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. I had a quick question about the AMOLED Screen the Incredible uses. I noticed that if you have for example white text on a black background for an extended period of time and go to a full black screen you can still see the ghosting of the text like it has been temporarily burned into the screen. It goes away after a couple of seconds. But I'm worried a display on for too long could result in a more permanent burn. Could this be a case of burning or is it just the way the screen refreshes? As I am not too familiar with the AMOLED Screen. Hopefully some of you more screen technology savy people may know what's going on. And hopefully this will be helpful to others as I couldn't find any other thread relating to this. Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

i have never seen burning on a lcd (i mean, sure leave it on the same image for a month and you will see it). im not saying it cant happen, i have just never heard of it. anyone got anything else saying otherwise? id love to see it.

3. OMRebel2013

OMRebel2013 Active Member

I'm not COMPLETELY positive, but i'm pretty sure i remember seeing a thread about this recently, and it said that screens can temporarily be burned in, like the op see's, but it won't stay for long and is easy to correct.

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

The amoled on my screen is burned... permanently... there's a little t shaped box that you can see easily when the screen is dark.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

5. OMRebel2013

OMRebel2013 Active Member