Possible Security Issue with new CL14 and Force Closed appSupport

Last Updated:

1. marcusb

marcusb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently running CL14 stock w/ Open Home (thanks to zefie.. no thanks to sprint) and I wanted to let you security conscious folks know about a security issue I discovered.

I hit the end button and pulled up my phones lock screen. Decided to test the new emergency dialer and when I pulled that up Open Home had force closed.. when I hit end it returned me to the main screen w/o me entering my combination.

I assume this could happen w/ any force closed app so although it's a rare issue that something FCs in the background it is possible and is a security issue. Just a heads up.

Advertisement
  2. BirdieMN

BirdieMN Active Member

Sounds like an issue with Open Home. Perhaps it has some compatibility issues with the new ROM.

3. marcusb

It's not open home. It only force closed as a fluke. I'm saying that any app that brings up a force close box might possibly allow a back door way into your phone.

4. BirdieMN

BirdieMN Active Member

Have you tried repeating the action to see if it FC again?

5. marcusb

It doesn't.. what I am saying is if an app happens to FC in the background before/after you wake it up it is possible to circumvent the lock.

6. Bigjohn

Bigjohn Well-Known Member

I would report a step by step detail of how this happened to the google/android team.

7. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

Ive had that problem with openhome in the past thats why i switched alternative home apps because after 3.6.1 it was unstable for me although i haven't tried 3.7 yet