Possible solutions for jerky 720p recordingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone!
    I've seen people complaining about jerky 720p recording. There are two possible solutions (from my experience).

First, it'd be good if you checked cluster size on your SD card. How-to:
    1. You can do this by opening command prompt from your memory card (navigate to memory card in command prompt). Easy way is to open your memory card in windows explorer and hold shift and right-click. An option "Open command window here" will show up. Click it.
    2. Now type chkdsk. Search for allocation size information. It will be displayed like this (example): 4,096 bytes / 1,024 bytes per KB = 4 KB. You want this to be 32 KB for optimum performance. I believe that HTC formats the SD to 32K by default, but you may have used some other formatting program which uses different default allocation size (maybe 4K). If you don't have 32K, then reformat but make sure you choose 32K somewhere in options of the program you use for formatting.
    Of course, faster SD card will help as well (Class 4 or 6, supplied card is Class 2).
    More about this: Jerky video recording - Page 3 - xda-developers post #26
    How To Determine Your Hard Disks Cluster Size

Second thing, adjust your exposure levels. It seem that you have to adjust it manually (there's no "Automatic" option, or have I missed it?). For darker scenes you'd want to use -2 and switch to 0 or even higher for brighter scenes.
    Also, try setting your white balance manually. Daylight works nice for me in most situations and gives more saturated colours (if that's what you want).

Yet another thing, for close distances, turning on the LED flash lights helps quite a bit. Something what Xenon can't do - one advantage of having LEDs instead. Well, this isn't really a "solution", it's more like common sense to use the flash in dark :D

Advertisement
    wastedagen likes this.
  2. Mofizz

Mofizz Member

That is why the vibrant or any galaxy s phone is the best android phone til date. I think u need a sgx 540 to stop lag