Possible Tether?Support

Last Updated:

1. Bkral

Bkral New Member This Topic's Starter

Has anybody heard whether tethering will be capable on the x10?

Looking to purchase a new phone. Stuck between this and the nexus one.

Advertisement
  2. mlinzz

mlinzz Member

Well, tethering isn't normally a limitation of the phone, but rather the carrier. There are apps that allow tethering on Android devices, but I believe they have to be rooted. Right now I don't know of any phones that have native tethering abilities, but that doesn't mean it can't do it.

Keep in mind the Nexus One doesn't do tethering with out being rooted and installing a hack. If you're stuck between the two phones, the easiest way to decide is... 1. Think about your carrier. Do you have t-mobile? If so get the nexus one. Because it is likely you won't see the X10 with tmobile 3G capability for some time. If you have at&t, wait for the X10a to be released. 2. Hardware 3. styling.

If you're OK switching network for the phone you want then I guess it doesn't matter. Just remember, depending on which way you go early on you could be stuck with EDGE speeds only (X10 on tmobile, or Nexus One on at&t)

3. zrelativity

zrelativity New Member

I have a Xperia X10, and its working great on T-Mobile 3G.

So, I would also be interested in knowing how to tether the phone to my MacbookPro using USB cable, so I don't need to pay for hotspot use

4. gqtrebor

gqtrebor Well-Known Member

[. Right now I don't know of any phones that have native tethering abilities, but that doesn't mean it can't do it.

iPhone has it built in

5. edelarmente@sympatico.ca

edelarmente@sympatico.ca Member