Possible to change how to answer a call?Support

1. Bibbed

Bibbed New Member

Currently, if the phone is locked and you receive an incoming call, you have to swipe down to answer it. For whatever reason this happens in my pocket at times. Is there a setting or an app that adds a swipe pattern, removes the swipe and maps it to a button, or any other method that would make it harder for my pocket to achieve?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. roban

roban Member

No Lock worked for me.
  3. caesar

caesar New Member

You can set a personal pattern, read it in the manual. I'll try to find it.

page 189 of manual, do you have a manual?

Protecting your phone with a screen lock​
    You can secure your phone by requiring a screen unlock pattern every time your phone is
    turned on or every time it wakes up from sleep mode (screen is off).
    Press HOME > MENU, and then tap ​
    Settings.
    Scroll down the screen, and then tap
    Security > Set unlock pattern.
    Read the information on the screen, and then tap
    Next.
    Study the example pattern on the screen, and then tap
    Next.
    Draw the screen unlock pattern by connecting at
    least four dots in a vertical, horizontal and/or diagonal
    direction. Lift your finger from the screen when finished.

You must slide your finger on the screen to create the pattern
    and not tap individual dots.​
    The phone records the pattern. Tap ​
    Continue.
    When prompted, draw the screen unlock pattern again,
    and then tap
    Confirm.

Clear the ​
    Use visible pattern check box if you do not want the
    unlock pattern to display on the screen when you unlock it.

7.​
    To change your unlock screen pattern, press HOME > MENU, and then tap ​
    Settings > Security >
    Change unlock pattern

When you fail to draw the correct unlock pattern on the screen after five attempts, you will
    be prompted to wait for 30 seconds before you can try again. If you forgot your screen
    unlock pattern, tap ​
    Forgot pattern. You will be prompted to sign in using your Google
    Account name and password, and create a new screen unlock pattern before the Home
    screen displays.

You need to be connected to a data or Wi-Fi connection to be able to sign in to your Google Account.
  4. aznfishyfart

aznfishyfart Active Member

that will not work
    i have a lock code and i can just swipe to unlock and answer without inputting a code
    so even with the code all i have to do is swipe to answer
  5. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

Yea I've auto-answered just taking it off my side, not even in my pocket. How annoying... and on more than one occasion. I'd like to have to enter a keyed sequence to answer. I'll search around as well. There has to be a solution.
  6. Boomstk

Boomstk Well-Known Member

I have this problem all the damn time. And by the time I look at the phone to see who's calling it... all I see is "End Call"
  7. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same problem.
  8. c3poman

c3poman Member

Bump. Anyone ever come up with a solution to this? Happened to me yesterday...
  9. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

This sounds like something that could be altered if you have a rooted phone. I think this is one of the few flaws of this device. I would like the ability to change how I answer the phone instead of only the "swipe down" method.
  10. beano52

beano52 Well-Known Member

I now use an HTC EVO. When answering a call, it requires "pulling down" on the little arc toward the bottom to answer, "pushing up" to ignore.

I hate it.

Previously, I had an HTC Touch Diamond that had a "slider" button with a red side to ignore and a green side to answer.

I loved it.

Perhaps it just takes getting used to (i8 used the diamond for nearly 2 years) but everytime i reach to answer a call on the EVO, I actually have to read and re-read which direction to move to answer.

Any tips or help would be great!!
  11. Unclm311

Unclm311 Well-Known Member

I have the EVO and have no problem with that screen but my dad has problems with his incredible. He can never seem to swipe down quick enough to answer the call. I hope someone comes up with a way to change the answering method to just the accept/decline buttons.
  12. dld3217

dld3217 New Member

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I use my EVO almost all day long. I have an over the head headphone set (blue tooth battery life is to short), so my phone is just laying on my desk all day. Within seconnds (about 10) of starting a call the screen blacks out rendering my mute, transfer, digit input all useless without waking the phone up. I know this sounds petty but it's really annoying when you have to enter conference PIN numbers. mute/unmute calls etc. Any ideas on this?
  13. milnivlek

milnivlek Well-Known Member

Anyone have any advice on this issue yet? I keep accidentally answering or hanging up on about 10% of my calls while pulling my phone out of my pocket.