1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Possible to connect a hotspot created by my laptop from my Android Phone?

1. erogol

erogol New Member

I am using ubuntu and Galaxy s2. I wanna connect to hotspot that I created by my laptop but android phone does not see the hotspot. Is there any tool or trick to make my galaxy viable to access to hotspot I created?

Advertisement
  2. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Hello erogol and welcome to Android Forums!

Do you know if any other device (iPod, iPhone, another laptop) can see the hotspot created by your laptop?

Let's see if we can figure out if its an Android issue or something on the laptop end.
  3. erogol

erogol New Member

Thanks... Yes my i touch works well .
  4. Stigy

Do you see the WiFi network on your Android device and can't connect to the internet? Or does your phone not see the WiFi network at all?
  5. erogol

erogol New Member

I cannot see at all :(
  6. Stigy

And I assume your Android device has no problem seeing any other Wireless Network, correct?
  7. rohitdua

rohitdua New Member

i can see wifi network on my phone created on my laptop but my phone(or any other phone) does not connect. it keeps showing connecting.... please help
  8. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

9. rohitdua

rohitdua New Member

the link explains how to create infrastructure mode that is same as what i did using command prompt.
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  10. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Well, then I'm stumped. That was my one guess :(
  11. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Well-Known Member

Try rebooting your router. What encryyption are you using? Does your device support it ?
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.