Possible to disable the LED notification?

Last Updated:

1. sublimnl

sublimnl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is this possible? I had my BB configured to disable all LED notifications while in its holster as my wife really has a big problem with flashing lights while we are sleeping. (yeah, i dont get it either...close your eyes and goto sleep!) Anyway, since getting the Droid she has started that old complaint again about my phone flashing at night...soooo...is there any way to disable LED notification for e-mails and SMS? A locale plugin would be great, but I'll take whatever I can get to keep the peace! :D

(in her defense, she's not as bad as this makes her out to be! I gotta have the fan on, she's gotta have a pitch black room...just one of those things I guess. ;) )

Advertisement
  2. xtremely4

xtremely4 Member

I'd like to know this, too!!!

What about the 'light' that turns on when you connect the charger?! :confused:

3. benjamin1415

benjamin1415 New Member

You can disable SMS notification with Missed Call...as for email, if it's gmail you can turn off all notification (including the LED), but not just the LED...I'm having the same problem. Regular email, I'm not sure.

4. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I turn my phone off at night. It works great!! :D

5. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I'm not joking; have you considered putting a tiny piece of electrical tape over the LED? It would mask it perfectly and it's one of the few options you have if you want to leave the thing on at night because there's nothing developed as of yet to disable ALL LED notifications.

6. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

but... but... that led is TEENY!

how about just placing it face down?