• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root possible to increase homescreen W\O custom rom or home app?

I have a rooted driod 2.1 and wanted to know if there was a way to increase the home screen from 3 to 5+ without using a custom rom or home launcher. Modify a preference file or something? I have tried a few launchers and prefer the stock one.

Which custom ROMS and/or home launchers have you tried? If you are looking for stock with 5 screens, can't you just use the launcher that was a modified version of the 2.01 launcher? I'm not sure what it's called though. I know the first versions of BB and other earlier custom ROMS used that 2.01 modified launcher so maybe you can pull the apk from those ROMS.

However, I wouldn't go through all that trouble because Helix 1 and ADW are pretty nice alternatives.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones