• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible to revert back to 2.1 via original RUU?

I finally got to the .6 update, which of course wiped my EVO completely. I still wish I could go back to 2.1.

1. Wake time not 100%, but something is still eating my battery. I don't use Facebook.

2. Pandora seems to develop some real crappy bugs. I don't like that is does not pause now when unplugged from an audio output jack.

3. Shortcuts to Persons now displays a small phone icon on top off your contacts photo block the lower half of the photo. Who thought that was a good idea?

My phone was fast before, so I see no improvements there. App2SD? I had plenty of space left on my phone.

Why is Amazon MP3 running?
Facebook
Friend Steam.
Peep!
Sprint Nav!
Stocks!
Flickr
Footprints
all runing. Why?

I have already opened a support case with HTC concerning the battery life. I am a big Android flag waver, but I need a functional phone with a battery that lasts for more than a couple of hours.

If enough people contact Sprint and HTC they will do something. I still have not reinstalled most of my apps that I had on 2.1, only the essentials. Oh, battery tweaks already done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones