Possible to sync Desire with Outlook via bluetooth?

Last Updated:

1. 4ngi3

4ngi3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hiya,

Does anyone know if there is a way to sync the Desire with Outlook calendar via bluetooth?

My previous phone was a Nokia and I was able to sync via bluetooth.

Its just annoying having the usb cable double as the AC charger connection too. I have to keep moving it from the bedroom to the laptop every day. Why didn't they give us a seperate usb cable and ac charger in the box? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. talbess

talbess Member

I think HTC Sync is really primitive compared to Nokia PCSuite or Ovi Suite.

I managed to get Bluetooth tether working with PDANet but why is Bluetooth Synch so hard?

3. joebloggscity

joebloggscity Active Member

so it's not possible at present! I never thought I'd ever say this but there is a sync package far worse than Nokia's PC Suite and sadly it is HTC Sync. Very very poor, it's as if no one tested it before releasing it....

4. wildrose

wildrose Member

I use a third party app, MyPhoneExplorer, FJ Software Development and sync Outlook via WiFi. Could this help you? I don't know if it can use bluetooth, as I don't use bluetooth, but I can vouch for how well it's working for me with WiFi.

5. 4ngi3

4ngi3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for all your replies, i have since switched to Gmail and its been the best move ever because i never need to connect my phone to my laptop ever again because everything syncs to gmail automatically :)

6. fletchem

fletchem Well-Known Member

You can then download Goolge's calendar sync and your initial request will be sorted as it syncs your Google calendar with Outlook.