• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help possible to tether moto droid to xoom?

Not sure which way you mean. You said tether the Droid to the Zoom. That can be done easily as tether a device to the Zoom via WiFi or Bluetooth is built in with no extra charge or software needed.

As far as I known the Original Moto Droid (which is what I have) does not have a wifi tethering feature. (Without rooting)

Is there a app or a way to tether my non rooted droid 1's internet connection to my xoom? (Maybe using bluetooth?)

Upvote 0
I have an Of Droid also and rooting was my only option via blue tooth. I could use pdanet for my laptop via usb but it wouldnt work on my xoom. Rooting was simple for me and i'm a noob.

So after rooting the droid 1 your saying you could tether it using pdanet but just via bluetooth? Is that really fast enough to be worth it for the xoom to use for internet browsing?

Also I do not see where this link is you were referring to about the tethering, do you mean a sticky on the main page or where do you mean?

Upvote 0
I just flashed to pete Alfonso's stock gingerbread rom (GBA13) and now the Bluetooth tether method no longer works. Anybody else using GBA13?

wireless tether still works with my laptop via wifi.

I like having gingerbread on my OG Droid more than I like tethering my xoom, so I don't plan on reverting back to stock 2.2. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones