• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Possible to turn Sense off?

Tslide91

Android Enthusiast
Jul 9, 2010
Northeast u.s.
I was reading a thread about a droid eris and turning off the Sense overlay.

But, id never heard of doing this.

I was wondering if theres a way to do that on a mytouch 4g, and if so, could someone walk me through it?

As far as I knew, youd have to root and flash a custom rom to get Sense off your phone?

And if theres a way to turn it off but still have it on your phone, thats even better.

Im using launcher pro to give more of a froyo look but Sense is still everywhere.

HALP! lol

I'm not liking Sense. It tries to hard on some stuff. Like in the texting category, you can't just touch an address that somebody texts you and have it go to the map/navigate like in pure android. Same with a texted phone number. You should be able to just touch it and have it load into your dialer. Pure android does. With Sense you need to choose copy, then drag the stupid little markers around then go paste it in the dialer yourself. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones