possible vibrate problem.Support

Last Updated:

1. dricky

dricky Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I get the Evo yesterday and I'm very happy with it. I did notice something that I'm not sure if it's a problem or not but I noticed that the vibration on the evo is pretty weak and it makes the phone feel weird. It's only a very short and soft vibration, unlike the hero. I'm not sure if this is just how the phone was built because I don't know anyone else that has an Evo I can check. I can live with it if thats how it's made but it really bugs me.

Advertisement
  2. dricky

I'm asking for help on the support section of the Evo section about if the vibration on the phone is supposed to be weak. Anyone with the phone can answer my question, but no one bothers to comment. Can I please get some help.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Haptic feedback or ringer vibration. I have noticed no issues with mine but have no hero to compare to

dricky likes this.
  4. dricky

Haptic feedback. I actually forgot to check if the ringing vibration was weak too. Just check it out now and it's pretty good. I still think the haptic feedback might be too weak but at least i know the ringer vibrate is ok.

Thanks for the help

5. swong46

swong46 Member

Bump this. My friends evo has a very strong vibrate but mine is super soft. There is no settings to fix this. Or I cant find any. Could my phone be defective or old stock or?

I have a white one and he has a black one, perhaps the white ones sell slower

6. swong46

swong46 Member

bump for help...

7. veldmach

veldmach New Member

I also have this issue.

I had an EVO for about 8 months. After 8 months, there was a hardware issue and I had it replaced just a few days ago.

My old EVO's vibration was strong, almost ridiculously strong, but my new EVO's is weak, ridiculously weak.

Any settings for this that I'm missing? Any others who have resolved this? Defective?

Thanks.

8. swong46

swong46 Member

They newer ones have sucky vibration I dont know why.

9. Evulution

Evulution Banned

Why didn't you take the phone back to the store and compare it to a phone right out of the box or the one on display? I mean this isn't rocket science guys. Either the phone is working correctly or it isn't. If you hold onto a phone for an extended period of time and you think something might be wrong with the phone all you can do is blame yourself. Don't be lazy, go to a store and compare it to another in front of a Sprint Rep. Thread closed.

10. swong46

swong46 Member

well if anyone does please report back, some people have absolutely no time to do that

11. Evulution

Evulution Banned

If you are telling me people don't have time to walk in and make a phone on display vibrate, then walk out of the store I say BS. If you just purchased the phone you had the chance to test out your phone in the store.

12. swong46

swong46 Member

Maybe you have nothing to do in life but I barely get 5 hours of sleep each day so get it straight before you bash.

13. Evulution

Evulution Banned

Dude, until you have had mortars and crap flying at your head every night while being in a deployed location and hunting down the enemy, you cannot say anything to me about sleep deprivation. What is a holiday because the boys overseas don't get those days off in combat. Don't you get Easter, Thanksgiving, X-mas, and all the other holidays off? Aren't any days off in combat!

14. dricky

I replaced mine with a sucky vibration and the new evo I got is so much better. I think my old ones sucky vibration is due to the fact that the screen was separating.