• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possibly a stupid question....

simon1

May 6, 2010
...but I am travelling overseas next week and want to put a foreign phone company's sim card into my Desire (which is unlocked). If I do this, apart from having a new phone number will my email, etc all continue to work with the new sim's data plan plus any wifi I'm able to connect to? I don't intend to change any of the phone's settings.

Most probably you have already seen what is happening by yourself, but in general nothing changes. The phone prompts you to enter new settings (and you get this notification quite often) but if you ignore it you have everything as configured before.

I travel often abroad and need to change sim cards but the phone adjusts automatically. I didn't need to manually setup the apn or anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones