Possibly bricked MT3G 3.5mm

Last Updated:

1. tgrantjr

tgrantjr Member This Topic's Starter

I am completely a noob at doing this stuff. I am completely clueless at this point. I used the unlockr's instructions and made a goldcard.

Then i went thru with copying the files over in hboot and it flashed it fine.
    After i tried to boot, i let it go for like 30 min and nothing happened. I finally skipped the step of waiting for that to boot and went right to fastboot and tried copying the files over. All worked but the recovery. It fails every time.

I can still get into hboot/fastboot when powering on, but cant get anywhere else with this. I know its my first post besides my intro, but im in trouble here. I have the insurance for the phone but its more than a new one to get.

Does anyone have a clue as to where i can turn to possibly turn the phone around without a root and back to stock so i can at least use it. No guides for unrooting are working for me at this point. If anyone needs more information i can always copy and paste what you would need.

Thanks all and any help is greatly appriciated.

Advertisement
  2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

I dont think you can unroot because there is nothing to root. Your missing a step or two and some files. I would start back over and do the gold card part again. Start at the top with the fastboot stuff and the cmd commands. Worst case is your under warranty. I had to do that once. LONG time ago now im like a semi pro. LOL... ok more like a rookie but still get by

3. tgrantjr

Well i really appriciate the information. However i tried to start from the begining again and when it flashed the sappimg.img file thru hboot it stopped like halfway thru. I left it plugged in so the battery would not drain and i came back like 10 minutes later and the phone was off. I tried to boot into either fastboot/hboot and it is bricked now. I actually called tmobile and told them it would not power on and they are replacing it under warranty for me somehow. Even when i plug it in to the wall the led does not come on. I think i royally messed the phone up with not knowing what to do.

I ended up ordering a garminphone cause i was able to get a full discount somehow and was not going to pay 400 for a galaxy s. I just hope that doing the warranty exchange does not burn me in the end.

Maybe ill try to root this new one sometime and see what happens.

Besides the unlockr's guide is there anywhere else i might be able to get information on how to do it, or is it just to dangerous to try at the moment due to it being so new.

Thanks for all the advice.

4. tgrantjr

Correction. Tmobile will charge me 100 bucks if i accept the warranty replacement for out of warranty.

Well i now have it where it was charging i guess cause the amber light came on. I still press anything and it will not turn on. Does anyone have a guess as to what i can do to possibly unbrick this phone?

Edit:
    Well i tried holding the combos of buttons like power vol down and power back, nothing happens. I hold the trackball and power and a blue light comes on???? I have never seen this and it will not pick up usb. What is this.