• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Possibly new customer to verizon, and droid x, any problems I should know about? What about 3g-speed

HtcEvoLemon

Jun 15, 2010
I asked this question last night, But I don't know if it got moved or deleted, I can't find my original post.

So, are there any problems a new customer moving to verizon to get the droid x should know about? Is this phone flawed in any way? Anythin negative that all the other reviews haven't mentioned?

Also how is verizons customer service, and verizons 3g speedtests? How fast are your downloads?

I'm with t-mobile now, they have the fasted 3g network, so wondering how verizon compares? Can you tell me your download speeds? thanks!

Used this phone HEAVILY today...no complaint whatsoever. I love this bad boy. My only complaint would be that they made the NFS Shift game a pain to exit out of.

For real....I was impressed yesterday when I got this phone. Then today, its performance got even better. Even with live wallpaper and a ton of Moto Widgets on...smooth smooth performance, and lightning fast speeds!

Upvote 0
I am very impressed coming from a 3g iPhone. I have beautiful widgets on and I have that nice clock from the sense UI :)

Anyway I haven't done tests on 3g network yet but I am very happy, most complaints are fixed with a simple setting change. Android is chock full of settings, unlike my iPhone that just worked out of the box.

Upvote 0
I'm a former T-Mobile customer, who had a G1.

I know signal is a local thing, but here's my take, on my neck of the woods (Pittsburgh):

I get almost 3 times the download speed & double the signal at my house (2 bars to 4). I also noticed when traveling that T-Mobile does an even/odd approach to 3G. I swear T-Mobile must upgrade every other tower to 3G service, leaving gaps in coverage to expand the network map. :( This approach is great for saying you have such great coverage, but they really don't. Verizon is right in their advertisements, they have great coverage. :)

Reactions: HtcEvoLemon
Upvote 0
I'm a former T-Mobile customer, who had a G1.

I know signal is a local thing, but here's my take, on my neck of the woods (Pittsburgh):

I get almost 3 times the download speed & double the signal at my house (2 bars to 4). I also noticed when traveling that T-Mobile does an even/odd approach to 3G. I swear T-Mobile must upgrade every other tower to 3G service, leaving gaps in coverage to expand the network map. :( This approach is great for saying you have such great coverage, but they really don't. Verizon is right in their advertisements, they have great coverage. :)

Thank you so much for your t-mobile vs verizon review. this is exactly the confirmation i was looking for. I been with t-mobile for 6 years, they have great customer service, except for two recent fatal flaws. I know people who have been with with them less then 2 yrs, and not eligible for an upgrade to vibrant just yet, they called up retentions, retentions was able to not only move up their upgrade but give the vibran to them for 99 bucks. I have been with them 6 yrs, and fully eligble for an upgrade, retentions only would knock off 50 bucks, bringing the vibrant to 149.99. I dont understand why your customer of 6 yrs gets a worse customer loyalty than someone who has been with you less than 2 yrs, and is not even within their upgrade.

next i called up verizon, with verizons discount i will be getting, verizon will cost me 12 bucks more a month, but i get 10 people i get to call unlimited, and superior coverage, and thanks to your review, no more 3g/edge switching. I'm sorry t-mobile, but you pissed me off yesteday, and for 12 bucks a month more, verizon is not that expensive like people say.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones