Possibly Returning AllySupport

Last Updated:

1. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

So i've had the lg ally for about 3 weeks now and i love the phone. but its getting constant reboots at least twice a day ok battery at times tried using the suggested solutions for the 50% bug but it doesnt help its not any background apps running or anything like that just tends to happen a lot when i text. and i tried handscent sms and didn't care for it. the keyboard is wonderful but i think i need to switch. possibly the droid x or the incredible. since im within my one month window it shouldnt be a problem,

however i have rooted my device (backed up apps before i deleted them) and my parents also already turned in the upc for the mail in rebate. am i still capable of returning the device for a incredible or droid x or am i stuck with the ally and getting a warranty replacement?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. gndmepyon

gndmepyon Well-Known Member

I believe you are stuck only because of the UPC thing.

3. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Well-Known Member

You would need to unroot your phone before you returned it, but the UPC thing might be an issue as well. Funny though how that would work if you did need it. You need to mail in the UPC to get the VZW rebate, but you can't return it without it. I guess VZW expects you to wait 30 days before sending in the rebate in case you want to exchange it.

death2all110 likes this.
  4. gndmepyon

gndmepyon Well-Known Member

To unroot all you'd have to do is apply the OTA update. But ya, you will have to have the UPC.

On the plus side with how quickly Verizon has been EOL'ing Android phones it'll be less than a year before they EOL Ally and then you can get whatever new phone is out as a replacement. They've already EOL'd Droid, Eris, and Devour.

death2all110 likes this.
  5. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

i think i can wait. its a pain sometimes but ill deal with it. ive dealt with worse lol.

funny thing is if verizon wanted you to wait till 30 days before you should send in the rebate then why do they make the rebate offer expire so soon oh well its no big deal like i said i'll deal thanks!

6. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

If you bought it from a corporate store they can still help even with the UPC cut... If you bought from a secondary store your a bit outta luck... The root would have to come off though.... I learned my lesson and always use corporate stores now...