Possibly the Holy Grail..General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. datruth585

datruth585 Member This Topic's Starter

Using the ##778 to change some settings I also stumbled upon Display > Warranty Date Code.

This seems to me to show the date I ordered the phone...and therefore the reference point for my 30day return period, warrranty, etc.

Even in editable mode (using password 000000) it is not an entry that is editable.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the value for Warranty Date Code? And are you thinking what I'm thinking is possible?

Advertisement
  2. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

Common sense would dictate that no matter what your phone says, that Verizon will go by the purchase date on their systems.

But common sense ain't so common these days.

3. jhewit22

jhewit22 Well-Known Member

The holy grail of stealing new phones by changing the date you're eligible for an upgrade?!

4. Boulder257

Boulder257 Well-Known Member

Regardless of whether it is possible, it is still not an honest or credible thing to do. I don't understand the thought process that makes this type of thing okay. It is stealing...plain and simple.

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I was thinking fraud, theft and despicable behavior. Maybe with the thread title you have something about Jesus in mind though. I will hope for the best.

6. dracozny

dracozny Well-Known Member

I believe that data is pulled from their systems anyways. regardless a quick pull of the records when you brick your phone or whatever will still have the same date. frankly I don't see a reason for your thinking. if you feel you are being wronged by Verizon to the point of potential fraud than maybe you should be with another provider.

7. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

what everyone else said... + BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

8. Mays24

Mays24 Well-Known Member

Ditto on the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

9. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Srsly?!?

10. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The irony of a member here with "truth" in his user name.

11. davros

davros Well-Known Member

i don't understand why you would even do this ... it won't matter their records don't lie.... just you apparently:rolleyes:

12. eghill1125

eghill1125 Well-Known Member

Would be nice to see some type of guide for what is all in the ##778 boxes, but not for the reasons the OP was alluding to.. That is not something anyone should even consider.. thumbs down.

On that note, if anyone has thoughts on what, beside the slot cycle, the other stuff in there does, maybe someone can figure out if something else can be looked at for some of the common problems a lot of users are encountering like the silent phone calls.

My wife has this happen a lot and I have had it once too. I have only had maybe 3 calls in the month and a half I have had the phone, so it is not a call log thing or a bluetooth thing because I never paired my bluetooth with it and have not plugged in any headphones yet... This is the ONLY problem I have with the Eris. Everything else is great about it. Really awesome little phone.

I should also mention that I have tried 0-1-2 on the slot cycle and still get silent phone calls on the wife's phone about once a day.

13. davros

davros Well-Known Member

i think its a 2.1v2 leak bug .... i get it sometimes also. sometimes even after google nav or simply adjusting the volume. i no longer get any sounds, alerts, ringtone, etc

14. jameseris1194

jameseris1194 Well-Known Member

Its weird cuz when I dialed ##778 it said please wait while initiating and then it asked me two choices edit mode and view mode and when I clicked on edit it asked for a password and I don't remember ever having a code for this so I'm curious to find what all that's about...

15. davros

davros Well-Known Member

000000 = password works fine

16. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

anybody bet the OP regrets posting this one? LOL

17. dirtmouth

dirtmouth Well-Known Member

......and he gone..... name chg prolly. hrmm

18. smacky

smacky Banned

You can get a new phone for free despite being out of the 30 day trial. ;)

19. Its my job to know

Its my job to know Member

We keep track of every phone you have had through the ESN and the day it was activated so it will not matter what the date on the phone shows. If there is a difference and you tried to push it we could just go back through the notations to find the order.

20. x531x

x531x Well-Known Member

stealing is fun lol :)

21. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

The date is just there for quick reference, so someone can glance at it without looking up your ESN.

They know your serial number and warranty date. Even changing it on your phone won't matter. You'll just look like a jerk.

22. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

My "warranty date" says 3/25/2010 even though I bought the phone in December, so clearly it's not always accurate. I'm assuming that's the last time I did a factory reset or something.

23. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Oops....might be a little late for that...

24. kamots

kamots Well-Known Member

Wow, that's ******ed. Who comes into to a public forum like " hey guys, I want to commit fraud, but can't figure out exactly how. Any of you tech savy ppl have any suggestions? This makes me giggle. Wish we had brainiacs like this where I work. makes my job easier.:p:cool:

25. JimmyRayBob

JimmyRayBob Well-Known Member

if you find this entertaining (i know i did), you should check out a couple of the threads about using the verizon insurance fraudulently to get a new phone. There's some pretty good "entitlement" thinking around here. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.