Post-2.3 TXT messaging deletionTips

Last Updated:

1. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

NOTE: I have edited this Original post to show the updates shown in the following replies. My thanks to 'powderkegg' for setting me straight on this!

***When you delete TXTs from the TXT app it does NOT delete them completely from your phone*** No, not even with 2.2(2.3) (Froyo).

-Pull up Contacts FROM THE APP DRAWER( it makes a difference).
    -look at the dots on the upper right hand side. You want the red dot all the way to the LEFT. Swipe the screen to accomplish this(swipe your finger across the screen from left to right).
    -hit the Menu button(key at bottom of phone with the squares on it).
    -Clear history
    -Clear

Voila! They are now REALLY gone!!

Whew!!

Advertisement
    Blitz28179 likes this.
  2. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

Wow. I never even noticed that they didnt delete from history when you deleted them through the messaging section. I dont like that at all..

3. powderkegg

powderkegg Member

Perhaps I am misinterpreting your instructions, but I found that you do not have to do each contact individually. When you are at your main contact screen, swipe to the left and it will show the history for all your contacts. Then use the hard menu key to select clear history and poof.... all done.

4. bigbadwulff

Just where do you swipe to do that? There is no open field. The whole screen is filled with contacts.

5. powderkegg

powderkegg Member

I opened contacts, ensured that the list is all contacts and not just one of the categories, and then just swipe the screen to move to the left. You should see three dots on the opposite side of where it says Contacts A-Z. That shows you that there are screens on either side of the main contact screen.

6. bigbadwulff

I see now.you have to use the contacts from the app drawer.for some reason its different. But its a swipe to the right..from left to right......moving your finger from left to right across the screen;) which gets a screen to the left side of the three screens(to be painfully accurate)

7. droidxdavid

droidxdavid New Member

That is nice to know, but is there a way to make it so that it saves history for a longer period of time? I had a number that I needed to add to contact list, I did not add it right away and the phone only keeps history for 5 or 6 days...... kinda disappointing if you ask me.

8. keeplivin

keeplivin Member

i kno this post is older, but when i press the menu button from the contact history page like you said, my options are: add contact, backup assistant, search, display group, my info, and more. selecting more gives me 3 options: manage accounts, settings, and share name cards. and i tried using contact link from the app drawer and factory contact widget

any thoughts?

9. bigbadwulff

You have to use Contacts from the APP DRAWER

-CONTACTS from app drawer
    -Swipe screen to the right(window all the way on the left)
    -Options
    -Clear history
    -Clear