Post Cognition Question

Last Updated:

1. bllester

bllester Member This Topic's Starter

After installing cognition I am not longer able to use, or find, the android keyboard. My only two options are swipe and the samsung keyboard.

Does anyone know if there's a way to get the android keyboard back, as it is the one I prefer. Other than that, this build is awesome!

Advertisement
  2. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Well-Known Member

You CAN get it back, but it requires installing the Android keyboard through ClockworkMod Recovery. You'll have to poke around on XDA and find the Android keyboard compiled zip and confirm it will work on Cog2.3 B6.

3. gmel

gmel New Member

H*E*L*P* Can anyone tell me what I did soooooo wrong ..... ?
    Ran "Cognition after rooting and tada no more data or phone service .. I'm left with email it's ok as long as I am around wifi... I have a circle with a line through it.. no text no data... CRAP!! :eek: I just new I couldn't do this right.
    Thank you .... Mel:confused:

4. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Well-Known Member

You just managed to format a post in the most obnoxious way possible. Congrats!
    ---
    You need to use Odin one-click to flash back to JF6, wipe the phone, and reinstall Cognition..this time with the SIM card & any external SD card removed from the phone.

gmel likes this.
  5. gmel

gmel New Member

Well THANK YOU.. I'm so glad there are people out there still willing to lend a hand to us little people... Format "correct" or NOT.
    Thank you again,

6. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

I don't have an answer for you, as my research and experience has shown all the hacked-up beta ROMs... Cognition included... to be too buggy, too flakey, and have too many quirks and issues to be worth the risk. Some might want to play that game with their phone, but I do not.

7. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Cleaned up the thread. A user needs help, not to be scolded for his post count or have assumptions be made against him.

calsax likes this.
  8. RocketRay

RocketRay Active Member

I found the stock ROM to have too many issues. If I have an issue or bug with a ROM, I can report it and it'll likely be fixed in a week or two. AT&T and/or Samsung will only fix something quick if it's affecting nearly everybody.

Anyway, I just flashed Cognition this morning and it already fixed a problem I had with the stock ROM. The stock ROM also has a wifi bug, I'll find out if that's fixed when I get home.

9. Tweakrr

Tweakrr Member

Yeah for the most part I've found Cognition 2.3b6 to be more stable than the factory rom.

10. RocketRay

RocketRay Active Member

Yes, the wifi bug is fixed as well.

Before I'd have to do a reboot for wifi to work. It'd get an IP but you try loading a webpage or accessing anything and it'd just hang.

Bluetooth was similar. I paired it with my car radio but it wouldn't connect unless I re-paired it. Now it connects every time.

Cognition gets two thumbs up from me!