• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Here if You Have Received The Update

Did a manual check at 8:00AM CDT today and it found the update right away. Downloaded and installed no problems. It hung at 50% for a ong time then completed. Phone rebooted and said 'Congrats your phone is now updated'.

GPS seems to lock much faster. Also, I DID have QuickOffice already installed.

Stock ROM, happened to restore (master reset) last night so was running pretty clean.

Upvote 0
Every time I have EVER looked for an update I get the message "DM initialization is not ready. Check Network or SIM card." It has done this since it was new, and I got the phone the second day of release and it has done it since then. Is my SIM card messed up somehow? It did this before root, and now it is rooted and is still doing it.

No txt message, and no way to manually check for me now it seems. :( Anyone have any ideas?

Upvote 0
I just manually checked for the update. The phone downloaded the update and rebooted with no problems. I am at 92% battery, but the phone is also plugged in.

Prior to checking for the update, I removed the one click lag fix and unrooted my phone. Not sure if that made a difference, but figured I did not want to take any chances.

Upvote 0
Every time I have EVER looked for an update I get the message "DM initialization is not ready. Check Network or SIM card." It has done this since it was new, and I got the phone the second day of release and it has done it since then. Is my SIM card messed up somehow? It did this before root, and now it is rooted and is still doing it.

No txt message, and no way to manually check for me now it seems. :( Anyone have any ideas?

If your SIM was from an older phone or a non Smart Phone, you may have to have the SIM replaced with a newer one. The newer SIMS are programmed slightly differently and in the case of OTA upgrades it can make a difference

Upvote 0
I had to manually check for update. Got it and went to install. It hesitated at 50% then finally went to 100% when it said update failed. Phone re-booted then said the update failed. Checked settings/about phone and it shows I897UCJH7 as the baseband version. So basically no idea if it worked. I am able to use *#*#1472365#*#* to check for gps and it recognized 3 satellites but no lock. I am in a building and about 35 ft from windows. It would not recognize satellites before from this location. I am rooted with Unleash the beast and am not running lag fix.

Upvote 0
Manually updated my rooted Captivate (no other modifications).

The update process didn't take too long... maybe 2-3 minutes once it got to the white screen. After it rebooted it was on the black "Galaxy S" screen for longer than usual (this part worried me), but eventually brought up the unlock screen.

* Update1: GPS isn't working for me. I had previously applied the changes as outlined here. Can't get to LBSTestMode under this latest update, so I'm unable to put those settings back to default. Contacted @GalaxySsupport to see if they have any suggestions.

* Update2: Used LauncherPro to get into LbsTestMode (as outlined here). Made sure all of my settings were default according to this guide, but my GPS is still not working.

Upvote 0
Not rooted.
Checked for update. One is available. Start downloading.
Plug in phone while downloading.
It finishes at 100%.
After a bit, I got error that device manager had unexpectedly quit. Clicked OK.

Sat there at the home screen for a minute or so while I was thinking.

Up pops an alert that AT&T has an update ready for me would I like to install it? (It will take 3 minutes and all services including emergency calling will be disabled.) Click OK.

(wait a few seconds)

Phone will restart in 5 seconds.

Upon restarting get screen "updating phone". Hangs at 50% for awhile, then proceeds.
Reboots again.

Stops at the animated Galaxy S screen for a long time.

Eventually desktop appears.
Then congratulations message appears.

Firmware version: 2.1 update1
Baseband version: I897UCJH7
Kernel version: 2.6.29 jetaek.lee@sep-11 #2
Build number: ECLAIR.UCJH7

Indoors, not getting anything on GPS Test. But I never did get GPS in my office. I'll try it later.

Upvote 0
I got two text messages from AT & T this morning saying to click OK when it prompts to update but no actual updates yet.

Having been reminded by FORUM posts I checked for the update, downloaded, and installed. No problems, just a little slow for it to complete the reboot, with the pulsating S staying for 3-4 minutes. I had not received an SMS from AT&T..

All is well but how can I check that I am still rooted?

What was included in this firmware update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones