Post here if you received the OTA update.

Last Updated:

1. AlphaDomingo

AlphaDomingo Member This Topic's Starter

Just like the title says, that way we get an idea of where you are, when you got it, and what you have noticed that is different. Also please post if you updated and then flashed Galaxy back to see if there are noticeable differences that route as well and any pit falls that you may encountered. Thanks.:D

Advertisement
  2. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

i guess nobody recieved the update besides behold_this:confused:

spiz likes this.
  3. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Not looking like it... we'll probably see it on the very last day haha.

Oh well, my phone isn't having the problems that are being fixed aside from the battery indicator thing. I can live with that until it comes.

4. 02ssmdx

02ssmdx Member

I won't get the update if I installed the galaxy rom, correct? If I flash back to the Behold rom, the OTA should kick in?

5. Kittyfae

Kittyfae Well-Known Member

Yes, that is correct.

6. kkarlin

kkarlin Well-Known Member

So, Dumb question of the day but how will we be able to confirm the update has been applied? I flashed back from Galaxy to get the update and my phone just rebooted. How do I know whether that was an OTA update or just some of the usual Sammy "Love" ;)

7. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

you mean you flashed back to Twz? a box will pop up saying system update would you like to apply now. Then it will start to install, reboot, then walla! You will know if you get it!

8. kkarlin

kkarlin Well-Known Member

Yep, I flashed back to Twiz - I was having audio issues anyway (no headphones and minimal speakerphone), so I had planned to Odin and re-root but was had figured to wait and encapsulate the update so I wouldn't have to turn around and go through the whole process again.

Thanks for the response!

9. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

It has been an unbearable 2 days and counting since I've been back with touchwiz awaiting this update. It's like going back to your ex when you know she's getting her tax return check and once she breaks bread with you, it's time to move on. I wish this update would hurry up and come. :D

10. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Interesting analogy, but it works! :)

11. bakasamaz

bakasamaz Active Member

No Update for meh today :(

Hey Guys quick question! would I be able to get OTA update without the Sim card in the phone and WIFI On ??

12. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member

no, as the update is pushed via T-Mobile. not over the internet

13. bakasamaz

bakasamaz Active Member

hmm.. I bought the phone used on ebay.. will there be a problem? I dont even have the unlimited internet plan :(

14. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member

the update isnt even that important, i would just go ahead and flash the galaxy rom.

15. shawn1224

Actually its pushed via google. T-mobile service technician said they have nothing to do with android updates. So as long as you have wifi on it should be ok.

16. laker666

laker666 Well-Known Member

so if u dont have wifi access you cant get this update? i find that hard to believe

17. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

Google is responsible for updating the base android OS (they distribute the OS for free under GPL2 to anyone who wants it), Samsung is responsible for customizing the OS to work for their hardware, and since T-Mobile is the sole carrier for this phone, they are responsible for distributing the update from Samsung to the phones.

18. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

That's major weird why did he out of everyone only receive this? I call bluff or employee at t-mo or samsung.

19. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Not one person even on the T-mobile forum has received the update.

20. Mastermind278

Mastermind278 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that the update got pushed back to the 22nd just like the Cliq update. In terms of T-Mobile releasing the OTA, if they were going to release both on the 18th, it makes sense if they pushed the Cliq to the 22nd that the same would happen for the Behold 2.
    As of right now in all the different forums I visit only behold_this has gotten the update... a bit fishy. If he had at least gave us the new kernel information (About Phone) maybe we can believe it a bit more.

21. chadmd23

I can't wait for this post from one of the trolls........

Samsung lied to us! I spoke to my brother's cousin's roommate's friend who works for Samsung & is a TMO rep on the side and he said that there is no update, it's just a hoax. They got sick of people complaining so they are going to tell you an update is coming to keep the pressure off. The only way to get a 2.1 update is to buy a new phone.

22. shawn1224

Which is what I assumed as well but a tmobile service technician told me the bug fix was being pushed from google.

EDIT - I just called TMO right now and a customer rep said the bug fix will be generated by TMO and start going out on the 26th by serial numbers. .... now I don't know what to believe.

23. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

that rep doesn't know what they are talking about. that is only for people who buy the phone after the 25th. I HAVE THE UPDATE! i understand why people don't believe me but it's true. the only update delayed is the one for the cliq and that is because it had bugs that the first batch of people received.

24. shawn1224

Not calling fraud on your claims but we need some kind of proof. Screenshots maybe, firmware version etc.

25. chadmd23

First part is correct, and I suppose the date part was being confused with the cliq.