• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post here when you recieve ICS OTA

Good Lord HTC, you've had long enough to make sure there are no mistakes.

WiFi is working fine, although DropBox isn't.

Attachments

• HTC Fail.png
    HTC Fail.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Got update start of march or so there. All is going fine so far, though the lack of a toggle in the notifications quick settings window is baffling as to why they left it out.

It also seems that phone signal has been radically buggered. At times even though it says I have 3G or H beside the signal bars, programs such as browser, email or any that uses internet just will not connect, so I have to reset the phone, wait a few minutes and then hey presto.....it works!!!

Data Usage monitor is very handy though....nice addition

All in all a good improvement......still though when CM9 comes.....I'll switch to it

Upvote 0
Got it tonight. No problems with wifi that other user's have mentioned. All upside down, remove items by dragging to top of screen not bottom as in Gingerbread. Still learning new features. Miss having the GPS switch from Quick Settings as another member mention.
On Orange network but bought via Phones4u, so none of Orange bloated apps hurrah.

Upvote 0
O2 UK unbranded. After asking a number of times, O2 finally managed to tell me that the updates for unbranded handsets come from HTC, not your network.

According to HTC customer service, they are apparently being done by IMEI number - whether that means they go in numerical order or by some other system, is something I couldn't find out.

However, now that the process has actually begun, you shouldn't be waiting too much longer. :D

I received my update at around 1330 today, IMEI beginning with 3.

Upvote 0
Received the update last night and installed.

Looks good, runs a lot smoother imo. Dislike the new quick settings on notification drop down..

Wheres Wifi and GPS gone? Why the hell do i need airplane mode for on a regular basis?

Can anyone tell me where the powersaver functions have gone? They were really useful for if your out and about with less than 30% Battery life.. Made my phone last hours.

Upvote 0
Got mine yesterday on Orange UK, looks good so far but Live Effects is missing from the camera app. Anyone else have the same issue?

mine is there...

top right of camera screen like a purple button

oh and putting this here as to not post in wrong thread

Just downloaded and installed ICS...no problems so far, it looks very nice...[/QUOTE]

got ICS this morning...Orange uk sensation xe (seems unbranded - strange for orange :) )

few issues....

1- cant save a custom lockscreen wallpaper anymore, says its saved but doesnt

2- cant change lockscreen shortcuts - cant find the option to

3- sky go is now dead again :D wont work with ICS

and

4- love the new aeroplan mode....

yes aeroplan in wireless and networks

other than these im quite happy....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones