Post here when you recieve ICS OTAGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-03-11 08:30:03
  1. Good Lord HTC, you've had long enough to make sure there are no mistakes.

WiFi is working fine, although DropBox isn't.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. murzz

murzz Well-Known Member

My Dropbox is working fine mate.
  3. dredg0r

dredg0r Well-Known Member

wahey I have it! hells bells... 10 minutes to install a 350mb file... I thought this was a fast dual core phone heh
  4. smudger2005

smudger2005 Member

got mine today and upto now everything ok....will update :D
  5. wanbo

wanbo Member

Got update start of march or so there. All is going fine so far, though the lack of a toggle in the notifications quick settings window is baffling as to why they left it out.

It also seems that phone signal has been radically buggered. At times even though it says I have 3G or H beside the signal bars, programs such as browser, email or any that uses internet just will not connect, so I have to reset the phone, wait a few minutes and then hey presto.....it works!!!

Data Usage monitor is very handy though....nice addition

All in all a good improvement......still though when CM9 comes.....I'll switch to it
  6. secretmachines

secretmachines Well-Known Member

which UK networks are all you guys on that have received it today?
  7. murzz

murzz Well-Known Member

I'm on Orange mate but my XE is unbranded sim free.
  8. charliehowes

charliehowes Well-Known Member

Unbranded T-Mobile here secretmachines.
  9. billytrueblue

billytrueblue Well-Known Member

TMobile UK unbranded :) all seems to be working fine
  10. probos

probos Member

Got it tonight. No problems with wifi that other user's have mentioned. All upside down, remove items by dragging to top of screen not bottom as in Gingerbread. Still learning new features. Miss having the GPS switch from Quick Settings as another member mention.
    On Orange network but bought via Phones4u, so none of Orange bloated apps hurrah.
  11. O2 UK unbranded. After asking a number of times, O2 finally managed to tell me that the updates for unbranded handsets come from HTC, not your network.

According to HTC customer service, they are apparently being done by IMEI number - whether that means they go in numerical order or by some other system, is something I couldn't find out.

However, now that the process has actually begun, you shouldn't be waiting too much longer. :D

I received my update at around 1330 today, IMEI beginning with 3.
  12. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member Contributor

Yep, got it here.
  13. smudger2005

smudger2005 Member

alarm worked fine this mornng...wish it hadn't woke up to snow...:mad:
  14. hopey

hopey Well-Known Member

Got mine last night looks ok up till now
    norman
  15. dabbo2k

dabbo2k New Member

Recieved the update this morning !! Vodafone network in South Wales. Looks impressive
  16. SouLz

SouLz Active Member

Received the update last night and installed.

Looks good, runs a lot smoother imo. Dislike the new quick settings on notification drop down..

Wheres Wifi and GPS gone? Why the hell do i need airplane mode for on a regular basis?

Can anyone tell me where the powersaver functions have gone? They were really useful for if your out and about with less than 30% Battery life.. Made my phone last hours.
  17. secretmachines

secretmachines Well-Known Member

aha, seems to be all the unbranded phones... i'm on O2 with and O2 handset, so looks like I'll have to wait until the end of the year then :D
  18. nolia

nolia Member

checked to see if udpate was available and bravo there it was. So im updating it now.
  19. Markjones

Markjones Well-Known Member

On Orange UK and after reading a post this morning I did a manual check for updates (as I am currently working in Switzerland) and hey presto it found the update and installed etc etc and so far so good.
  20. dnapro

dnapro Well-Known Member

Got mine yesterday on Orange UK, looks good so far but Live Effects is missing from the camera app. Anyone else have the same issue?
  21. wellz1892

wellz1892 Active Member

mine is there...

top right of camera screen like a purple button

oh and putting this here as to not post in wrong thread

Just downloaded and installed ICS...no problems so far, it looks very nice...[/QUOTE]

got ICS this morning...Orange uk sensation xe (seems unbranded - strange for orange :) )

few issues....

1- cant save a custom lockscreen wallpaper anymore, says its saved but doesnt

2- cant change lockscreen shortcuts - cant find the option to

3- sky go is now dead again :D wont work with ICS

and

4- love the new aeroplan mode....

yes aeroplan in wireless and networks

other than these im quite happy....
  22. admob

admob Well-Known Member

Got it last nite, on UK o2 unbranded... where's pigging face unlock..
  23. wellz1892

wellz1892 Active Member

Settings, Security, Screenlock....

But its crap in the dark :D
  24. CraigMobile

CraigMobile Member

Downloading ICS now on my Sensation XE

Network: Three
  25. Headbolt

Headbolt New Member

I am on T-Mobile UK

First Impression, OK but there is a SERIOUS bug in the Default mail app

You can't change a lot of the settings without them reverting back to default after a short period.

Mainly the Update Schedules and the number of Past Mails to sync