1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Post ICS airplane mode problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. EarlyCLO

EarlyCLO Member

Hi all -

been basically lurking for a couple of months, since I upgraded from a flip phone and separate PDA to the Spectrum in June, trying to learn how to use it. Y'all are a wealth of information, so I hope you can help...

Since the OTA upgrade to ICS (stock phone, no rooting for me till I have a bigger clue, and no, I didn't do a factory reset before the upgrade) - I seem to be having issues with airplane mode - If I select it, there is no red airplane icon, wifi turns off, phone signal bars remain, and it's about 50/50 whether I will or will not be able to send/receive phone calls and texts - I thought it was supposed to turn off ALL radio, network, outside the phone communications... At least, that's how it worked on GB.

Anyone else with this problem? I suppose I'll end up with the factory reset thing to see if that fixes it, but I wanted to check first if it was only me...

Thanks,
    Cheryl

Advertisement
  2. coderaz

coderaz Well-Known Member

I had issues with airplane mode on ICS OTA. I ended up factory resetting and after that it worked fine.
  3. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

If you don
  4. coderaz

5. EarlyCLO

EarlyCLO Member

Thanks for the responses - I guess I'll have to do the FDR. But it's gonna have to wait till Wednesday, cause I'm babysitting the granddaughter today and tomorrow, and won't have time to restore all my PDA data...

Cheryl
  6. coderaz

Eventually you'll get to the point where you can flash a ROM in 30 minutes or less (including data restore) ;)

I've got it down to where I can do it on my 35 minute commute home and still have about 5~10 minutes left. LOL
  7. Parshooter

Parshooter Well-Known Member

I put mine in Airplane mode, the wifi went off, but speaker was still on and I didn't have the Data Off message under the date. I don't fly a lot, so no biggie, and I'm sure not doing a factory reset and having to redo all the sht I've got programmed already. I updated to 4.0.4 via USB through Verizon.
  8. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

Airplane mode only kills the data and wifi, it doesn't touch your sound or display settings. All you'll see is:

[​IMG]

(my sound was already muted)
  9. EarlyCLO

EarlyCLO Member

Hmmm - what I was seeing is no little airplane icon on the top, but rather the cell signal strength bars (4 bars as I recall), although it did kill the wifi and say it was in airplane mode...

However, this morning, as I connected the USB to the computer to transfer some files, I decided to check the computer based upgrade assistant, since it was busy downloading something... It said my phone needed to be upgraded, it connected, the phone went into download mode for about 15 minutes, rebooted, and now all seems well...

I will likely still do the factory reset, but it is curious...

Cheryl
  10. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

Yea, it seems like people who didn't push the update to their phone are having weird issues that are resolved by fdoing a factory restore.
  11. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

I updated using the lg support tool and have no issues. How ever I also updated from a clean slate also, using micromod's v6 zip and Neph's recovery restore.