Post-launch support threadsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Anonimac

Anonimac Your mom goes to college. VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to get an idea from everyone what you would like to see after the phone launches (if anything) as far as dedicated threads.

I'm thinking about things like:
    • Tips and Tricks
    • Bugs (and workarounds if known)
    • Accessories (and user community feedback/reviews)
    • Custom ROMs/root
    Lets get the dialogue going so we can set something up that meets everyone's needs. Looking forward to your thoughts...

Advertisement
    xfuchsiax and lowtech like this.
  2. Winterfresh

Winterfresh Member

Well i was planning on getting the droid for the sole fact that you can root them and do a ton of cool stuff.

so i would like to see a dedicated (something) to Rooting and custom ROM's

also tips and tricks are fun to read through.

3. DarbagDarbag

DarbagDarbag Well-Known Member

you know for a fact there will be an "Official Incredible Wallpaper Thread".

also maybe a favorite apps thread or something similar

4. Reginald VelJohnson

Reginald VelJohnson Well-Known Member

Anonimac, all I can say is I think you're a masochist. ;) But more power to you... If the Incredible blows up like I think it will, there will be a massive influx to this forum and you'll be a legend in your own time. :D

Anyway...

I'm all for organization, but I wonder if subforums wouldn't be better? Check out the Droid forum for example. That way, every issue can have its own thread, but each section is still kept isolated from the others. I think you're on the right track as far as sections, though. Have to think about that one a little more before I can offer an opinion.

5. Anonimac

Anonimac Your mom goes to college. VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Absolutely (not to the masochist part)! I didn't mean to imply that this will be "flat" at all, in fact sub-forums is very much what i meant and intended where it fits specifically as has been done on the Droid forum. I'm active there as well because i have a rooted Droid now, running BB .8, at 1.2 Ghz!

But yes, agreed, thanks for the suggestion...

6. YamiYaiba

YamiYaiba Well-Known Member

+1 to Wallpapers Thread
    +1 to Favorite Free Apps Thread
    +1 to Favorite Paid Apps Thread
    .....err....forums....or something.....

7. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

The mods will probably put sub-forums on here, as they have done with several of the other phone forums on this site. (Including Rooting/Rom's, etc.)

8. helicooper

helicooper Well-Known Member

It could probably be put in the other threads but I was thinking a "Walk throughs to get the most out of your Incredible thread" It would just be very descript walkthroughs on how to set up and use it. I was already planning on making a free sms using google voice one and I am sure there are many others.

9. MTechie

MTechie Well-Known Member

+1 for Rooting and ROM's
    Also, and it would probably land under the Rooting and ROM's section, a NON-android market apps thread/subforum/whatever, basically somewhere for folks to collect and share apps they stumble upon while not on their phone.

10. UBChain

UBChain Well-Known Member

Here are a couple of additional ideas which come to mind. At least one is somewhat tongue in cheek but after reading through what is approaching 200 pages of posts it may actually be relevant.

1) Reasons and personal experiences why the Incredible is better than iPhone (this can be used as a resource by Incredible owners (and Android fans in general) to further the cause of Android as a viable open OS in favor of Apple's you get what we give you approach.

2) Things I wish my Incredible could do (aka I need an app for that)

YamiYaiba likes this.
  11. shawn487

shawn487 Well-Known Member

how bout in the event no new news comes from CTIA we have a disaster relief forum so we can get some help for this sickness(obsession) and maybe verizon will see how much this phone needs to come out to help us and release it right away and when it does someone has an incredible idea because of the phone and cures cancer or something and thanks verizon for making it possible

12. hal1

hal1 Well-Known Member

I think Tips and Tricks is a given.

13. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

a photos taken with the Incredible thread.