• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post once you get 2.2 OTA

fat-kits-eating-mcdonalds.jpg

Upvote 0
I want 2.2 like a fat kid wants McDonald's hot apple pie...
Unless you are 35+ yrs old, or have traveled outside the US, sadly, you do *not* have any idea what a real MCD apple pie tastes like.

The whole world gets a nicely *deep fried* amazing hunk of love. We get a sad *baked* sibling that clearly was not the 'best of the litter".

It is one of the only reasons I stop at random MCDs in random countries.... True love...

OT - *if* we get this random OTA (over the air upgrade) - does this mess us up for the *root* currently starting? I would think the answer may be yes - in which case, I would like to block any upgrade until it is safe... Maybe this is the wrong place for this type of question/thought...

Upvote 0
OT - *if* we get this random OTA (over the air upgrade) - does this mess us up for the *root* currently starting? I would think the answer may be yes - in which case, I would like to block any upgrade until it is safe... Maybe this is the wrong place for this type of question/thought...

It will take away root. But once it is downloaded, it will ask you if you want to apply it, so you can block the upgrade.

Upvote 0
Unless you are 35+ yrs old, or have traveled outside the US, sadly, you do *not* have any idea what a real MCD apple pie tastes like.

The whole world gets a nicely *deep fried* amazing hunk of love. We get a sad *baked* sibling that clearly was not the 'best of the litter".

It is one of the only reasons I stop at random MCDs in random countries.... True love...

well I was not born in the United States.... So I have been to other countries.. but I'm also not a fan of fried foods... or apple pie....

but to answer your question you should be able to stop the update and or not install it..

Upvote 0
I have seen many places that N1 owners have been getting the 2.2 update OTA.

thats because nexus 1 is a google phone running completely stock android. All the other manufacturers have put there own little spin on android to make their phone 'look' the coolest and it makes it a whole lot harder to get updates that way because the mfrs have to integrate the code in with their own and make sure its tested and all that crap. It costs lots of money to do all that and thats why companies like samsung just make you buy another phone to get a new OS.... they don't want to spend the money testing it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones