Post Orange UK 2.1 update issues...

Last Updated:

1. mred2000

mred2000 Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I updated last night and thought it was brilliant, like having a new phone again!

And then, today, the problems creep in... ;)

First, the alarms are still erratic... one failed to trigger at all, luckily I was already awake.

Second, I now appear to have the txt message problem that so many complained about in 1.5 but I never had issue with - stuff isn't coming through or is coming through after a big delay.
    Similarly with emails so I dunno if these are linked, though I have both reception (3 to 4 bars) AND 3G...

I like the "fix" they've done to the new voicemail notice - basically it doesn't go away until you check your voicemail... lazy fix but it works, I suppose :D

So, overall, I'm left with something a bit more sparkly, not massively quicker as I was lead to believe, but has one more issue than when I was on 1.5...

... Is anyone else having these problems or similar?

Advertisement
  2. zark

zark Member

And not being able to take voicemail off the favourites widget.

And not always getting 'open in new window' when I long press web links.

And, yeah. SMS coming in different order/long delay. I thought it was handcent, does the stock app do it too?

3. mred2000

mred2000 Member This Topic's Starter

I'd forgotten about the voicemail in the favourites widget :D

Yeah, the SMS thing happens in the stock app, I haven't re-installed handcent yet...