Post OTA 2.1 root question

Last Updated:

1. jdelforge5684

jdelforge5684 New Member This Topic's Starter

Howdy, veteran lurker virgin poster (here, anyways).

So there I was, trolling the forums here, and a couple other trusty android sites, looking for a bit of help. I'm running a rooted sprint hero on 2.1, and a buddy of mine wants his eris to be able to to the fun root-tastic stuff i can do. After hours of looking and reading, I cannot come up with a conclusive answer: can you root an eris (verizon) that took the 2.1 OTA update and has never been rooted before? I already have the sdk loaded, and am comfortable enough in adb shell and recovery menus to do what I need to, but not skilled enough to do it myself. Thanks in advance for any confirmation one way or the other.

Advertisement
  2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

3. jdelforge5684

jdelforge5684 New Member This Topic's Starter

I actually read thru those, but some other threads caused me to question their effectiveness on the official VZW update. All that aside, thank you for the prompt reply.

4. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

See this post for a description of the testing regimen for the first of the two methods.

Good Luck... but you won't need it :)

5. padrone00

padrone00 Well-Known Member

I did the Universal Root for Dummies yesterday because I was having troubles with my USB connection and it was simple simple. In fact I almost felt stupid for how easy it was since I understood everything that was going on.