• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post pictures you have taken with your Droid X

2bv0oh.jpg

1on4a9.jpg

33d8bc5.jpg

Upvote 0
You're not going to get DLSR-like pictures when fully blown up with these tiny sensors - at least not yet. The X is good enough for decent prints at 50-60% of the actual size (IMO). At 100% they will look very grainy like it with any other camera phone. Still 50% will produce a nice sized print. Also I believe in setting the ISO manually (200 should be good enough for most shots) and of course checking/cleaning the lens before every shot and holding as still as possible helps a lot as well. For low light shots, the Night Portrait scene seems to work well.

Yep, here is a comparo I did with the X versus a few point and shoot cameras. Holds its own quite well at normal sizes, but enlargements aren't going to cut it.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/137405-droid-x-versus-point-shoot.html

Upvote 0
Yep, here is a comparo I did with the X versus a few point and shoot cameras. Holds its own quite well at normal sizes, but enlargements aren't going to cut it.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/137405-droid-x-versus-point-shoot.html

I missed that thread, but I agree the X is perfectly fine for web shots and small prints, the only criticism I have is the excessive luminance noise. I sent an email to moto support with a couple of sample pics, maybe we'll see an improvement in one of the next software updates.

Upvote 0
Thanks. It was set to 8mp, steady shot effect, and everything else set to the default (auto for iso, 0 for exposure). I clean the lens every time and try to hold as steady as possible. I had to stop on the Rickenbacker Causeway for that first pic which was pretty scary as cars were doing at least 60mph just a few feet away from where I was standing on the shoulder. I'm going to think twice about doing that again, lol.

I only resized them using photoshop. No touch-ups were done. I took several shots but those two came out the best. I'm still learning to take consistently good pics with the X.

Speaking of which... Does anyone know what exactly the steady shot mode does, from a technical standpoint? Does it delay the shutter or something? How does it make the shot steady?

Upvote 0
My pops had this car. Awesome ride, but he was having a really hard time finding parts for it once they discontinued production, so he sold it.

It was brought to America as a limited production, 3 year run vehicle. As far as powertrain goes, there shouldn't be all too much trouble finding parts. I don't know why he would need a constant supply of parts unless he wreaked on a regular basis lol. They don't really have common reliability issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones