Post pictures you have taken with your Droid X

Last Updated:

1. egut125

egut125 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. Devz

Devz Well-Known Member

Great quality, but if the Police heard that, they'd be rolling around in their graves! :p

(yes, I know they're not dead. It was a joke lol.)

You're right though, the concert mode is fantastic on this thing.
  3. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

Once we get froyo with stereo recording, it'll be even nicer! ;)
  4. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

What? Garee, the Droid X has three microphones. Doesn't it record stereo audio when recording, so long as you use the right setting?

If not, then wow. I didn't realize this. Definitely good to know.
  5. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

Nope. Currently it only records mono audio.. but they are adding stereo recording as an enhancement in the froyo update. Possibly a non issue, since the mics are so close that we won't really get any true seperation out of them, but still.

The more I hear about it, the more me wants it!
  6. Brooks777

Brooks777 Active Member

Thanks :p. Nope, uploaded it straight to photobucket & posted here. I have a bunch more I'll share with you guys ^^
  7. dyno

dyno Well-Known Member

The other praying mantis photo has inspired me! I can across this little bugger tonight while playing some bocce ball. The other is my cat.

Attached Files:

8. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I wonder... KickinWing007, is that you? o_O
  9. anthonygobot

anthonygobot Well-Known Member

Not bad for in the dark and the flash worked nicely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

Am I expecting too much for a phone?
    I didn't think the video was clear at all.
    I guess I can't expect bluray quality but I though it would at least look like DVD quality.
  11. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Yeah you are expecting WAY TOO MUCH from a phone for taking video at a concert. No phone, not even the iPhone, can do DVD quality.
  12. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Let's not turn this into a picture thread though guys. We already have a thread for that.
  13. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

Actually I was specifically referring to that video but videos in general were disappointing.
    But, in general, the pictures have been AMAZING, and I just expected good videos from a phone that takes great pictures.
  14. Vihzel

? The title of this thread is: "Post pictures you have taken with your Droid X" lol
  15. Devz

Devz Well-Known Member

Uh...this is a picture thread :p
  16. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

Remember, there is some loss when they're uploaded to Youtube so what you see may not tell the whole story.
  17. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Bah. I guess this shows how tired and careless I'm getting. I saw the two videos and that they were at the top of the page and got confused. I remember another thread that just had two videos in OP's post and this reminded me of it.

... CARRY ON!
  18. joshellis625

joshellis625 Well-Known Member

I don't know why the first picture is so much smaller. I never changed anything. Also, it seems that pictures in landscape orientation come out much better than portrait :)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  19. Vihzel

Yeah right now in cell phone technology, there are extremely few phones that can take DVD quality video in day light. The only one I can really think of is Nokia N8 (or whatever the brand new one is called). I saw a sample video of it and it was crazy good quality. Any cellphone that goes into night time... definitely wont be DVD quality.
  20. Mojorisen

Mojorisen Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay. This was just a normal Vignette effect with the default settings.
  21. dawgfan76

dawgfan76 Well-Known Member

Each morning the weather is clear, I get a nice sunrise behind me during my morning commute. Been thinking of pulling the DX out to capture it and finally gave in this morning.

[​IMG]
  22. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member

thats a cool picture! were you driving while you took it?
  23. dawgfan76

dawgfan76 Well-Known Member

Uh yeah...I know I should get slammed for doing it while driving. I'm one of those people that always comment about folks talking more than driving. FWIW, there were no cars near me :eek: at the time.
  24. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member

nah haha idc i just think its funny. its a really nice pic though :p
  25. Vihzel

I'd be holding a death grip if my phone was outside of my car window.