• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post software update.

Only after I updated this phone have I started to have issues with my revo. One time it didn't turn on after locking the screen, and a battery removal had to be done. The second time the phone just completely froze when using google search. After a quick Google search nothing came up that was like my experience. Am I the only one having this issue??

I've had no problems either. Prior to the update, I had an issue occur a couple of times where the phone acted like the radios had gone to sleep. I missed a couple of calls and when I attempted to dial out, the phone said it was dialing but nothing happened. Rebooting the phone corrected it and I got the missed call and voice mail notifications for the calls I'd missed. Haven't had it happen since the update, but I'll be checking. - MarkC

Upvote 0
Only after I updated this phone have I started to have issues with my revo. One time it didn't turn on after locking the screen, and a battery removal had to be done. The second time the phone just completely froze when using google search. After a quick Google search nothing came up that was like my experience. Am I the only one having this issue??

I have had your experience since the update which was not primarily designed to improve the phone but to update Verizon's bloatware.

Upvote 0
I never was plagued with random reboots and my phone worked fine before the update and still does. Don't know what everyone runs in the way of widgets or continuously updating apps (like weather, news, etc.), but my Revo's performance improved significantly when I got rid of most of them. I still get everything I want, I just access it through a shortcut that opens the app rather than widgets that admittedly work cool, but run constantly and need a continuous data connection. - MarkC

Upvote 0
Don't know if not getting the update to install is a good thing or a bad thing. I was having LOTS of random reboots over the last couple of weeks. I did a factory reset last night and no issues so far other than the update still will not install.

A factory reset fixed my failed OTA update. I was getting a "download failure, phone runs out of memory" error.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones