Post software update.General

Last Updated: 2011-08-25 01:33:49
  1. Sleepycarl5150

Sleepycarl5150 New Member

Only after I updated this phone have I started to have issues with my revo. One time it didn't turn on after locking the screen, and a battery removal had to be done. The second time the phone just completely froze when using google search. After a quick Google search nothing came up that was like my experience. Am I the only one having this issue??

Advertisement
  2. mineolasmitty

mineolasmitty Active Member

I have no problems after the update. In fact it seems to work a little better.
  3. 1of7627

1of7627 Well-Known Member

I've had no problems either. Prior to the update, I had an issue occur a couple of times where the phone acted like the radios had gone to sleep. I missed a couple of calls and when I attempted to dial out, the phone said it was dialing but nothing happened. Rebooting the phone corrected it and I got the missed call and voice mail notifications for the calls I'd missed. Haven't had it happen since the update, but I'll be checking. - MarkC
  4. ultra63

ultra63 Member

I have had your experience since the update which was not primarily designed to improve the phone but to update Verizon's bloatware.
  5. djembeman

djembeman Well-Known Member

After the update I've seen a huge increase in random reboots. Sometimes a Factory Data Reset can help things, but I already had do one for the OTA update to download.
  6. chris877

chris877 New Member

Sorry to hear some are having probs with the update....But I haven't had any probs so far...as a mater of fact, there are a few apps that I downloaded before the update that would not work....They all work fine now:)
  7. GBB0131

GBB0131 Active Member

Don't know if not getting the update to install is a good thing or a bad thing. I was having LOTS of random reboots over the last couple of weeks. I did a factory reset last night and no issues so far other than the update still will not install.
  8. 1of7627

1of7627 Well-Known Member

I never was plagued with random reboots and my phone worked fine before the update and still does. Don't know what everyone runs in the way of widgets or continuously updating apps (like weather, news, etc.), but my Revo's performance improved significantly when I got rid of most of them. I still get everything I want, I just access it through a shortcut that opens the app rather than widgets that admittedly work cool, but run constantly and need a continuous data connection. - MarkC
  9. djembeman

djembeman Well-Known Member

A factory reset fixed my failed OTA update. I was getting a "download failure, phone runs out of memory" error.