Post two FREE market app and lets not duplicate once posted!!!

Last Updated:

1. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator This Topic's Starter

OK let's try something different, let's all post 2 FREE market apps we like and describe what they do, and let's not duplicate the post, if it is an app you like and it is posted please post a different app, the purpose of this is simple, I found an app today by fluke, so maybe someone is using a good app that we all would like but the name of the app does not do it justice, so by naming it and describing the app we might find some good ones we would all like and never knew they were there. I will post 2 that I have not seen posted here so this way some of the ones we all know can be posted

Free Apps :cool:

No Lock by BoD >>> great little app that turn the lock screen off, so every time you turn your screen back on you need not unlock the screen.

Tired of the lock screen?
    If you want to use your phone as quickly as possible, this app is for you.

It simply disables the lock screen. Press the unlock/menu button just once and the screen turns on immediately.

Especially useful for the Nexus One if you don't like to have to 'slide' to unlock.

QR Code

[​IMG]

Free Caddie by Mobile SW >>> Great little GPS app that give you yardage on most course, to the front, middle and back of the green and it is free

FreeCaddie is a golf GPS rangefinder for Android!

Use your Android phone to get distances to the front, center and back of greens.

19000+ mapped courses!

Upgrade to FreeCaddie Pro and get distances to bunkers, hazards, etc., rotated maps, shot measuring, scoring and more!

QR Code

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

No....not like that...

It is a tuner - I use it for Guitar. But will tune Any instrument.
    WORKS PERFECTLY....

3. BlahLV

BlahLV New Member

Mobile Defense - It's a lojack for your phone. You can lock it remotely, find it, or make it play a blaring alarm sound.

Flikster - Movie theater finder/show times.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Gesture Search - awesome Google search tool
    Power Search - search Google Calendar (something the stock Android calendar lacks!!)

5. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Well-Known Member

C:Geo - best geocaching application
    PalmBookReader (new) - ebook reader

6. DonB

I will add 2 more now

LauncherPro >>> great replacement for the Sense UI with nice custom features

Features:

LauncherPro Android App in a home screen replacement app that is a fork from the stock launcher from Android 2.1 (Eclair). By default you have 3 home screens which is configurable to up to 7 in the Settings menu. Along the lower section are convenient icons with quick links to Phone, Contacts, Android Apps Launcher Drawer, Messaging, and Browser apps. The latest release added numbered notification icons for new text messages, missed calls and new emails. When you open the Android Apps launcher drawer, apps are presented similar to Android 2.1 launcher only difference is the cool 3D roll effect is missing however LauncherPro features a faster and much smoother scroll…

QR Code
    [​IMG]

Juice Defender >>> another program I use that has many features, the main feature I use is the Mobile Data when using launcherPro as LP does not offer a mobile data Toggle so JD allows you to have one, and when properly installed works great

• Mobile Data - the main ingredient in the recipe for effective battery saving, JuiceDefender can enable and disable Mobile Data for you, this also works on Sprint (CDMA) phones!
    • 2G/3G toggling - automatically switching to 2G only when your phone is not in use can save a ton of juice! (only available on certain ROMs due to Android limitations)
    • the WiFi radio* - another slow but steady battery drainer; why keep it powered all the time when it’s only used occasionally? The Location feature (see below) is particularly useful for fully automated WiFi management
    • screen off/screen lock timeouts* - modern, large smartphones screens drink your precious juice like there was no tomorrow; it’s important to have a short auto-screen-off timeout interval, but having to enter the unlock pattern/pin every time becomes quickly annoying. JuiceDefender lets you specify a longer timeout interval for locking the handset, thus keeping you sane and your phone secure.
    • minimum and maximum CPU frequencies* - knock down on your thirsty CPU’s juice consumption while the phone is sitting idle in your pocket; unleash its full power the moment you start using it (only available on certain ROMs)

[​IMG]

Scan this to download JuiceDefender

AndroidSPCS likes this.
  7. DonB

Wow all these members and no one has any good apps they want to share, come on peeps help everyone out, share your good finds, that is what we are here for, 120 views and 3 peeps posted we can do better than that :rolleyes:

8. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Moto Torch and Tesla LED

Both are flashlight apps that uses the camera's LED. Tesla may be brighter.

9. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Well-Known Member

Dropbox - pretty self explanitary - access to online storage. One problem is, unlike the desktop version, I dont think there is auto upload when a file is placed in a folder. You have to specify if you want to upload a file.

myPlayer - For those of us in the UK this gives access to BBC iPlayer content

10. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

Epic Fails - I picked this not because it is an amazing app, because it really is not. It has no creative styling to it. But I picked it for one reason only - It's a great app to have when on the can.

Launcher Pro - Just simply pure awesomeness

Appbrain Market App - I found it to be a bit faster than the native market app. Plus it's nice to be able to just que stuff from their website from a computer.

Score Mobile - If you watch a lot of sports like I do, you'll love this app and the widget that comes with it.

11. xmastree

xmastree Well-Known Member

One useful, and one fun.

First, the useful one. On-screen calendar which shows today's date and your next three events:

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]Smooth Calendar
    by Carl Cedergren
    50,000 downloads, 5108 ratings (4.3 avg)
    [/td][td]Free
    [​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

Second, a really trippy synthesizer thing. Play randon tunes by dragging your finger across the screen. My favourite setting, theremin, three octaves, and drag real slow:

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]Ethereal Dialpad (synthesizer)
    by Adam Smith
    50,000 downloads, 4294 ratings (4.6 avg)
    [/td][td]Free
    [​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

(And I did this by c&p the BB code from appbran)