Post Update - Is My Phone Defective?Support

Last Updated:

1. lrs421

lrs421 Active Member This Topic's Starter

First I would like to thank those of you who have helped me navigate the Android waters over the past few weeks. I'm not a Captivate hater but I am a little frustrated, after a few error messages I was able to update to the latest firmware OTA but now my phone wont connect to the At&t server at all (I know more updates aren't available yet but what's going to happen when/if Froyo hits?) and now Kies is no longer recognizing my phone. I see Samsung now has a Kies mini USA version but their download appears to be down or not responding but I know have little faith in that as well.

I'm starting to think my Captivate may be defective. I was considering doing a system restore but I dont want to go through the trouble just to be disappointed with the same results. I know there's been a few threads discussing pre and post update issues but am I alone here? I am out of the 30 day return period and am considering going through warranty exchange but I'm not too thrilled about getting a refurb.

As a side, my GPS issue has improved with the latest update, go figure.

Advertisement
  2. AriCaptivate

AriCaptivate Member

Have you checked to see if it is a SIM card issue? I've seen posts of people mentioning that AT&T suggests pulling SIMs out before OTA updates because there have been cases where people havee fried the SIMs in the process. Try another persons card in your phone and see if you get signal then.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Thread moved to the Support and Troubleshooting area for you, lrs.

4. lrs421

lrs421 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks but I don't think the sim card is the issue. It handles 3g data and calls fine its just update attempts and connecting to Kies.I