post update keyboard lag in browser, anyone?

Last Updated:

1. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm experiencing massive keyboard lag when I put the phone in landscape (wide screen) mode when I'm in the browser since ive gotten the update. For example while i type this, I can type whole words out and have to stop and wait for the phone to catch up. :(
    I didn't have this problem pre-update and it only seems present on the browser and not in sms.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? It makes punching out a Facebook comment or forum post pretty painful lol.

-b

Advertisement
  2. awrnsmn

awrnsmn Well-Known Member

No issues here...

3. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Nope. Just checked and it seems normal.

4. blampars

strange.. i guess i'll wait and hope the phone sorts it out on it's own, if not then maybe sunday i'll do a factory restore (ugh!) and see if it plays nice then.

thanks for checking,
    -b

5. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

I actually have less keyboard lag since the update :D

6. blampars

Heh damn. I almost wanna go back to pre update status.. Let me go make some coffee while my phone catches up with my typing. Brb. ok back.

It's just not fair! Heh
    -b

7. padro82

padro82 Active Member

it's not uncommon for software releases to brake good builds... i think that's what happened with mine.. keyboard is really slow!

8. kassdog

kassdog Well-Known Member

This my test in testing to see if there is lag.

I actually to see some lag when on typing. In both landscape and portrait.

9. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Is it this forum that is laggy? Have you selected the Mobile version setting on the bottom left of the page here? Are you using the keypress feedback/vibration? Changing both of those settings resulted in this forum flying to my phone, lol... :) hope this helps...

10. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Definitely experiencing lag....I just bought this hero and thought it was normal

11. blampars

I don't think its the forum as other forums I participate on have the same kinda lag when typing out a reply on my phone as this one.
    I don't have haptic feedback or sound feedback enabled, as it drove me nuts hehe.
    I was not aware of the mobile version of the site, with it on it seems to have cut down slightly on my keyboard lag. Thanks for that! I still have some decent amount of it though, more than I would suspect from trying to type something out from the browser.

12. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

cool, glad it helped somewhat...
    Those 2 settings did it for me, but it wasn't what I'd call laggy for me to begin with. Is it with all the web pages you visit or select ones only?

13. blampars

It seems to be the same with any website/forum I frequent. Facebook mobile is another killer for me as far as entering text goes...

14. kassdog

kassdog Well-Known Member

So its a forum problem.

15. marcelo0292

marcelo0292 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the keyboard browser lagged A LOT before the update, it lags a little now but not as noticeable as before the update. All in all, im glad the update arrived or the hero would be ruined

16. blampars

well, take for example the word prediction that pops up when youre typing. when i make a post here on the hero, i can literally punch out 3 words before anything shows up on screen besides the first letter, never mind word prediction to fix my typos, it just can't keep up. and as i said before -- i'm not an uber fast typer. this is my first virtual keyboard.

If i wanted it to work "properly" i would have to hit one or two characters every 2 seconds for every word i typed in order for it to keep up with me. I could do that with my thumb in landscape mode, but that's just not practical unless all my forum posts only contain something to the effect of "yes, ok." ;-)

I really don't think it's a forum problem, I think it's a hero problem. As much as I hate to say it.

Edit: so I've discovered the dolphin web browser. It's pretty amazing stuff, loads pages really quickly and as I type out this message I'm getting virtually no keyboard lag. I think I've found a new default browser. :)

17. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing keyboard lag too, I really don't want the dolphin browser but if it fixes keyboard lag ill go for it

18. blampars

I think you'll really love dolphin. I didn't want it at first either, but after trying it and using it, I'll never go back to stock.

19. toomuchgame441

Actually after reading several reviews from the Market about the Dolphin Browser that says its real lackluster... I think I'm going to pass. Maybe just wait for an update.

20. LLWesMan

LLWesMan Well-Known Member

Why not try it out for yourself - I like it a lot better.

21. toomuchgame441

I tried it once before and didn't like the screen or the experience altogether, and I really hated the pintch zooming on it, I went back to the default browser immediately, lol

22. adiazm89

adiazm89 Member

Yes ! Huge lagg even as I'm typing this I hate it it messes me up almost every word I write I have to fix... on the sms less lagg but still some there :mad:

23. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

I have the same issue with lag when typing on the browser. I turned off haptic feedback and the clicking and sms is better, but the browser keyboard is horrible. I did the update the day I got my phone so I have no experience with the keyboard pre update, but it's horrible now.

24. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Active Member

The only lag which I notice so far, is when I begin to typing way too quickly, or when I attempt to get too many processes going at once.

25. wmillion

wmillion Member

I experienced major lag with my keyboard. Once I turned off vibration/feed back, it is much better.