• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your 4G(lol) data speeds (Atrix only)

So Ive finally figured out how to send the little speed test pics. For those who may not know like I did, when viewing the result, click the mail button in the top right button. In the email there will be link to a png of the pic. Here are my best results for the HSPA and wifi:p
So that's how these people have been doing it. Man that's a lot of work :/

Upvote 0
Really surprised as the placement of the phone itself made a huge difference.

McLean, VA (Connected to server in Wellington, KS) (Indoors in my hand in my cubicle)
1386kbps / 162kbps
Speedtest.net App
1:02 PM
3/5 bars
1001 ms

McLean, VA (Connected to server in Wellington, KS) (Indoors in my cubicle on my desk)
1253kbps / 894kbps
Speedtest.net App
1:04 PM
3/5 bars
870 ms

McLean, VA (Connected to server in Wellington, KS) (Indoors on top of my cubicle)
1611kbps / 1278kbps
Speedtest.net App
1:06 PM
3/5 bars
170 ms

Upvote 0
90153045.png

Connection Type: Umts
Server: Atlanta, GA
Download: 6271 kbps
Upload: 1107 kbps
Ping: 122 ms

Upvote 0
Data speed tests are a red herring. What you should be looking for are real world tests like browsing speeds (one example). Non realistic speed tests would matter more if you are downloading 5gb files in 1 shot using your data plan instead of a free wifi source. The atrix has scored quite well in real world testing. "Pure" 4g is still also a battery pig to this day.

Upvote 0
revival :D

I don't know what happened, but somehow I'm getting:

Network: AT&T, 5/5bars signal
as reported by phone status:
Signal Strength: -54dBm, ecno: -3, rat: 3g
Mobile network type: HSPA​
DL: 8.30Mbps
UL: 1.07Mbps
Server: San Francisco, CA
Actual: Folsom, CA

egDonald_Atrix4G_speedtest01.jpg

*edit* I'm not sure why the photo Speedtest emails me shows a difference :? but my the app on my phone shows 8.30/1.07. Not sure why image is 8.50/1.09. And what ~1400mi means, i have no clue :? also time/date is screwy too. It was 1830HR on 9/13/2012 when I ran the test.

Supposedly, I heard Sacramento, CA area is getting 4G LTE update. I know that Atrix "4G" is not LTE capable, but maybe the small shift of some users to the 4G LTE network is opening up the bandwidth on the 3G HSPA+?

I'm all confused with the different updates to 3G and 4G :p; lots of in-between stuff between 3G and 4G.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones