• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Android Desktop

devolio

Android Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2008
Michigan
devolio.com
You all know how this works. Post a picture of your Android's desktop.

There's 2 ways to do this:

With root
1) Download the Screenshot application (free).
2) Open the application, give it su permission, and once the text comes up, close it.
3) Press and hold the camera button for a second at the home screen. The camera application will pop up after a second with a Toast that tells you where the screenshot is saved. Whalah.

Without root
1) Install the Android SDK
2) Enable USB debugging on your device
3) Run DDMS from the tools directory
4) Select your phone from the list
5) Go in the menu, select Device, and then Screen capture. Whalah.

Here's mine (aHome + OS X theme)

devolio-albums-screenshots-picture176-android-desktop-ss.png

I know, I know, Apple. :) Also, I think the funky left border is from aHome, can anyone confirm?

@theway2live did you make your theme yourself? I'm interested in changing the soft keyboard on my phone and was curious how you managed that.

@cptgemini there currently isn't a free screenshot/capture application in the market. I did a google search on my phone for "screenshot.apk" and found one available for download through rapidhost (I think?) but you need apk/package installer on your phone and I'm not sure if that's root only?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones