• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Android Desktop

I know I need to add the "i" in gmail and the word phone and contacts in the
reflection. I found the wallpaper and just had to do something with it. It looks
much better with no words on the links.
snap20110118_181905.png

Reactions: steve4294
Upvote 0
For example the person above who posted the great screen shot and used simiclock and pulled it down but said they lost functionality of their sms, email and so on. To fix that but look basically the same you have the simiclock widget (say your on a 5x5 screen) as a 4x1 on the top right. Then you can pull it down so it is 4x5. Then you have a 1x5 area to the left where you can put your sms, phone, messages and what not. Looks the same and those still work.

I stand corrected :)

Upvote 0
Im trying REALLY hard to get that sense look...I should have gone HTC instead of samsung

same here, i have a motorola milestone. I have the sense background like you, but there is actually a widget in the market called 'sense anaglogue clock' which looks just like the htc one. Do you have a launcher? If you dont then get one because it will allow you to do sense previews like the real thing. I downloaded an apk file for the sense keyboard which works great!

one more thing, where'd you get that dock?

Upvote 0
I changed my homescreen a tiny bit to have more space and being able to include my fav weather skin on the homescreen. Cause I think it goes really well with the wallpaper :cool:
19-01-11.png

I absolutely love this!!! Can you please send me some info on how you created it? I don't normally flip out over desktops but this one is so appealing to me I want to see if I can set my Ascend to look like this? Thanks!!!! :)

Upvote 0
I absolutely love this!!! Can you please send me some info on how you created it? I don't normally flip out over desktops but this one is so appealing to me I want to see if I can set my Ascend to look like this? Thanks!!!! :)

Thank you very much!! :) Sure I can give you some info :)

Here is what I used:

LauncherPro Plus with 5 columns, 7 rows
under "appearance settings" I checked "Disable wallpaper scrolling"
white line is included in wallpaper, you can download it here
clock: minimalistic text widget
battery: circle battery widget
SMS, calls, email count: SMS unread count widget with icons from this set --> download Simple font
(just copy the icons you wish to use for SMS unread count and put them on your SD card under \data\com.kanokgems.smswidget, then you can choose them as custom icons)
weather: Fancy Widget Pro, weatherskin is called MIUI Weather by GU5TAF & wowthatisrandom

Hope that helps :)

Oh, just one more thing: the wallpaper is customized for the width of my screen, so I don't know if it'll perfectly fit yours. You can find the unedited picture I used for it here: unedited wallpaper

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
Thank you very much!! :) Sure I can give you some info :)

Here is what I used:

LauncherPro Plus with 5 columns, 7 rows
under "appearance settings" I checked "Disable wallpaper scrolling"
white line is included in wallpaper, you can download it here
clock: minimalistic text widget
battery: circle battery widget
SMS, calls, email count: SMS unread count widget with icons from this set --> download Simple font
(just copy the icons you wish to use for SMS unread count and put them on your SD card under \data\com.kanokgems.smswidget, then you can choose them as custom icons)
weather: Fancy Widget Pro, weatherskin is called MIUI Weather by GU5TAF & wowthatisrandom

Hope that helps :)

Oh, just one more thing: the wallpaper is customized for the width of my screen, so I don't know if it'll perfectly fit yours. You can find the unedited picture I used for it here: unedited wallpaper

Thank you SOOOOO much!!! That was very sweet of you to go into so much detail. I am going to try it. Hopefully I can get it to work. I'll let you know!!!! BIG HUGS!!!! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones