Post your Android Desktop

Last Updated:

1. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll second that.

I was going to have a mess with ahome, but don't know if it's worth it with the sense UI on my hero.

Anyone?

Advertisement
    Mavis Cruet likes this.
  2. gigabit

gigabit New Member

sexy. plain and simple. im waiting for sprint to release the HERO, then one day i shall have a phone similar to yours.

where did you get that background? me wants!!!
  3. i_maq

i_maq Active Member

You can get the background here. I'm using it on my PC too :) It looks even better in real life with that high quality display...
  4. gnarlyDUCK

gnarlyDUCK Well-Known Member

Here are all 7 of my screens:
    [​IMG]
  5. i_maq

i_maq Active Member

You don't have any of the 12 clocks!!! :p
  6. DeaDnuLL

DeaDnuLL New Member

7. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Well done...that is really well done.
  8. TreyDaPrince

TreyDaPrince Member

You must share how you did this...

...Well you don't really, but it would be much appreciated! =)
    zehny likes this.
  9. Wam

Wam Member

@DeaDnuLL

Nice .. VERY Nice :eek:
  10. Apps_Droid

Apps_Droid Member

Very nice presentation.
  11. DizzyDix

DizzyDix New Member

12. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

so, if i were to search for an image online to use as my wallpaper, what's the minimum/preferred size of the image so that it will work as a wallpaper, on a droid or an eris? thanks!
  13. dkaufman1

Prior to a droid the preferred size was always 640x480 which handles the left and right scroll of the home screen very nicely on the 1.x Android devices. Bigger was overkill. I don't know how the droid handles this as it actually has a larger screen size. Try 640x480 and see.

Also - HTC Sense users might offer up a different suggestion for the size of their backgrounds, I believe instead of just 3 home panes they have 5, that might change things as well.
  14. TreyDaPrince

TreyDaPrince Member

OK, does anyone know where I can find this theme. I REALLY like it!
  15. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

COUGAROID likes this.
  16. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Member

My desktop is so generic and boring looking :(. I really need to figure out how to make cool looking ones like you guys.
  17. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

I'm an APPLE person myself, how good does Safari work on the Droid?
  18. Soda Popinski

Soda Popinski Member

Is there a free icon app that you guys used? Each time I think I found one it says you need to download one of two apps which are both paid apps.
  19. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane Well-Known Member

Why in the world is there not just a screen capture app? Capture it was amazing for my BB... This is driving me nuts, lol. I used this non stop!!
    Bruteforce037 likes this.
  20. Mr_N1ce

Mr_N1ce Well-Known Member

I found a similar wallpaper. Maybe that helps:
    [​IMG]
  21. dkaufman1

Apparently the 'lame' excuse is that due to the open nature of the app approval process there was a concern for bad things to happen if screen captures happened without your knowledge by an app, say when you were using another app like Bank of America. I understand the security risk...but it would be nice to have at least an OS user controlled option.
  22. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Dave, that would be Ok... provided it was not accessible as most settings are from a program.... Just like Timeriffic accessing settings can be an done even (without user knowledge) ...

So I think with proper safeguards ..this should be possible ... I just think that possibly google doesnt see it as worth investing the coding protection ....(evenif it is possibly failsafe)
  23. dkaufman1

As a designer/developer and evangelist I want the feature, app etc. I had it with other devices in the past and there seemed to be little risk. I don't see Android as being any more connected.

I have not heard of a screenshot application for a PC that takes screenshots without user knowledge but since there are key loggers and other tracking tools I don't doubt this could be coded and hidden in some application.

Google's lack of inclusion of this feature seems very over protective. People do all sorts of bad things with Google products every day. This seems very small and something they could go with more of a smart approach, not a black/white or 0/1 approach.
  24. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Well, I agree and you would think it wouldn't be that difficult ... but maybe google has more pressing holes to plug ... :eek:
  25. TreyDaPrince

TreyDaPrince Member

Close enough. Thanks a lot! I'm thinking his theme is from a rooted phone so I'm content with what I have. Thanks for the wallpaper.